Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic guitars... do you own one?

Thundergod

Ok, this is obviously a question for the electric players...

I have owned some acoustics but every time I get one she gets played for a week and then I never even look at her again... most of them have been cheap (less than 500?) and all of them have been sold after a couple of months of no use.

So do you guys have acoustics and how often do you play them?

Yes I actually have 4 - Two steel string and two classical

6 string acoustic

12 string acoustic

Yamaha classical

Alvarez Yari classical

I play the 12 string the least of the bunch. It's a 11 year old sigma.

To play the guitar is to play the guitar regardless of her shape' date=' construction or color...

Both of my good acoustics are red ...

Go figure ....:-s [/quote']

I didn't think you'd had an acoustic... less 2 of them... less 2 of them in red!

How much do they get played in comparisson to your electrics?

I *had* an acoustic and Homz painted it!

Is it still an acoustic or did homz do more than just a paintjob? I think that dragon-unicorn or whatever it was that he did looked good... didn't know it was YOUR guitar tho... that changes things a little

Is it still an acoustic or did homz do more than just a paintjob? I think that dragon-unicorn or whatever it was that he did looked good... didn't know it was YOUR guitar tho... that changes things a little

As far as I know, it's still an acoustic! I haven't seen it in ages. It's a piece of crap and I can only play a handful of chords, but still.......

An Ovation Standard Elite LX 6778 New England Burst, but marked as a Standard Balladeer 6778 inside the sound holes, a mistake confirmed confirmed by Ovation. I'm unsure of the year, I bought it used last year from Sam Ash. That is a Slip Grip anti-slip pad on the lower part of the waist, it works great. Hey Axe, ever try one?

colonyofbirchmen002.jpg

My only electric (a 1986 Phantom Strat copy made in Korea) get's played about once a month... My daily players are these... I have been keeping the Small cut-away Sitka/Maple Taylor in open tuning, the Sitka/Rosewood Gibson AJ in Standard or Open G tuning and playing some Stones stuff on that and the my Big Cedar/Mahoganny Taylor has been in DADGAD for weeks now as I am working on a bunch of Celtic and blues stuff. I love having a variety of tone woods and each one of these plays as good as it looks thanks to my Luthier Tech at the Podium in Minneapolis.

Just like you guys and your Les Paul's, us acoustic guys are always GAS'ing for the next great wood combo.

Wallpaper01-27-09.jpg

SideBySide.jpg

frontcase.jpg

backcase.jpg

I have a 6-string Guild Jumbo and I like palying it when I am not in the mood to deal with amps, cables, straps, etc.

Grab and play, it stays in tune like a charm.

I also have a 12-string Fender it is a cheap model but it is very well made and it sounds great. I can't believe it cost me $140 brand new.

I have a Tanglewood TW15... Great guitar with smart binding and a nice tone... I cant really sing so dont spend much time with the acoustic.. Love my gibbies too much..

I think everyone should have an acoustic... There good for building your stamana when learning..

Flight959

Sold my Guild 4 years ago to buy a new Taylor 615.

Never happened, I kept buying electrics instead.

:-)

I still want one, I went thru the factory tour at Taylor in El Cajon, CA and REALLY fell in love.

It will be a 615 CE with a 3 piece back and Florentine cutaway in natural Maple.

Special order but hey, I'm special!

Archived