Gibson Brands Forums

brad1

So I got a mandolin! And I like it a lot!

I put up a thread a week or two ago asking about mandolins and thinking about learning to play one. I got all kinds of great responses back from you guys. But the best response I  got back was from fellow member Dave F. He told me he would be willing to send me a mandolin if I would make a donation to St. Judes Hospitals. He sent me pics of it, and the case he was sending along. I decided this was a great opportunity for me to get a mandolin, and contribute to a really great charity.

So glad I did! I am having a lot of fun playing this thing. It looks great and it is easier to play then I thought it might be. He included a case also, and the case looks to be brand new. It is an F-Style mandolin. And it is perfect for a beginner like me. 

The first pic I took. The ones after Dave took. 

I want to thank Dave F so much for coming up with this fantastic idea.  If it wasn't for him, I may have never got a mandolin. But becasue of Dave F I now have one, and I am loving it!

Thanks Dave F !!!!!!!\:D/

gq26hBr.jpg

Stadium Mandolin

Stadium Mandolin

Edited by brad1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Looks very playable [thumbup]

It really is! Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Really cool but looks way too small to hide behind.  Maybe wedge it in your belly button type thing.

Too funny dude!

and thanks 

20 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

I too have thought about trying the Mandolin..is this a one off type thing or a regular program??  I love what St Jude does and would preferably rather the money go there...

I often sell on EBay with some or all proceeds going directly to St Judes. I just happen to have this mandolin ready to go. I have another one I need to put back together and move. I’ll contact you if I get it ready. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

I too have thought about trying the Mandolin..is this a one off type thing or a regular program??  I love what St Jude does and would preferably rather the money go there...

This was a “Dave F”  type thing.  It was his idea and suggestion.  St. Jude had nothing to do with it.  

• Like 1