Gibson Brands Forums

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimmie Vaughan Pipeline

Rabs

3 hours ago, Rabs said:

Found a studio version which features D*ck Dale

Love that song. I've been playing it for decades, since I was 13.  It's my one song I go to everytime I get a guitar out.  I do the whole song.  Deb says she gets a bit tired of it but loves it. 

• Like 1

I last played this at the last gig I had, 2019 Halloween Party at a Chinese restaurant. I play bass on it so not much fun for me. I'm partial to this version by the Ventures:

The younger looking skinny guy with the red Strat is Peter Framptom.

That was one of the first songs I learned on guitar as well - back about 1963 or so the version I had was from the Ventures.  My last band would do an instrumental medley that started with Ghost Riders in the Sky then into Walk Don't Run and finished with Pipeline.  I didn't have four guitar players though - it was only a three piece band.   I think the Vaughn boys were just speeding their brains out (as usual) doing that double neck thing and sort fell into Pipeline at the end.  The first 3 minutes or so is some other three chord progression. 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:41 PM, JO'C said:

I last played this at the last gig I had, 2019 Halloween Party at a Chinese restaurant. I play bass on it so not much fun for me. I'm partial to this version by the Ventures:

The younger looking skinny guy with the red Strat is Peter Framptom.

Awesome clip and look at that Flying V 😍

the SRV clip was hard to listen to but the Ventures performance was tasty