Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings from Italy

Andrea Gangemi

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you.

I am from Italy and I am the proud owner of a 1989 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite, it was a gift from my parents to appraise my results after getting the high school diploma... back in 1989, hence you can derive that I'm 50 ;)

I restarted to play it after a long period. No bands, just myself playing on top of some tracks with headphones.

I came upon this forum as I was looking for info regarding my Les Paul, it seems that 1989 Studio Lite is a very uncommon model.

I suppose most of you are from USA, so just to avoid misunderstandings please note that Andrea in Italy is a male name. So if you chat with me be aware that I am not Jennifer Batten (not even as skilled as her)

Ciao!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Andrea.  Enjoy your stay.  You may want to post to the Gibson Lounge and/or Gibson USA forums.  A lot more members on those forums who can probably help you with information relating to your LP.  Good luck.

Welcome Andrea. 
Great to have you aboard!

I would love to own a Les Paul Lite. 

Yours is similar to the standard Les Paul Studio, but came with no pickguard, and naked humbuckers. 
(A look that I am fond of!)

She was built of a mahogany body and neck, ebony fingerboard with trapezoid inlay, black chrome hardware, exposed pickups, and was mostly available in Translucent Black, Translucent Blue (BU), or Translucent Red finish, and was discontinued in 1998.

Worth, if you kept it nice and mint,  right around  €925  to  €1,000. 

You can add   €90 if yours has gold hardware and either the Heritage Cherry Sunburst (LPLT-HS) or Vintage Sunburst (LPLT-VS) finishes.

I hope this helps!!

🙂

• Sad 1