Gibson Brands Forums

Lindsey Buckingham | American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster

Rabs

That guy could make a $40 dollar guitar sound good. Sat in the 2nd row for a show of his a few years back. He's a forgotten guitarists guitarist.

I think it speaks volumes when you get booted out of a group and they have to replace you with 2 guitarists.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think it speaks volumes when you get booted out of a group and they have to replace you with 2 guitarists.

You mean “they try to have you replaced with 2 guitarists.”  To me it wasn’t Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

42 minutes ago, QuestionMark said:

You mean “they try to have you replaced with 2 guitarists.”  To me it wasn’t Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

When LB was in the band the only songs I liked were the ones he wrote,  and two  by Christine (Songbird and Over & Over) and a few by Stevie (Rhiannon, Landslide, Dreams, and Sara). Other than and after Tusk what a bunch a junk they did. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

When LB was in the band the only songs I liked were the ones he wrote,  and two  by Christine (Songbird and Over & Over) and a few by Stevie (Rhiannon, Landslide, Dreams, and Sara). Other than and after Tusk what a bunch a junk they did. 

We were talking about Lindsey Buckingham being replaced when Fleetwood Mac last toured, pre-pandemic.  Not an album track review.  Did you like his replacements on the last tour?  (Not even going to bring up the casual fans who didn’t notice Liddy Buck was missing.)

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

the "replacements" are fine musicians, not a doubt there,  but it's like saying I went to see Deep Purple last night...  with out Blackmore, it's "a band I formerly had known as Deep Purple" even though hey stubbornly insist on using the same name it AINT DP,, stop it!

I was never a big FM fan, but with LB, they were much better for his efforts.  Firing him IMHO at this stage in that bands life span, was a move in pure idiocy.   I wouldn't walk across the street to see them at this point.

But I digress...

That Jag thing-a-mig does sound a treat in his hands.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That guy could make a $40 dollar guitar sound good. Sat in the 2nd row for a show of his a few years back. He's a forgotten guitarists guitarist.

I totally agree!  He’s a super picker and can make any guitar sound great.  He’s got magic fingers.....at least that what Stevie said.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, QuestionMark said:

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

To me it wasn't Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.  Whomever named that band though must have had a crystal ball.

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

To me it wasn't Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.  Whomever named that band though must have had a crystal ball.

That band has had a revolving door of guitarist. Some where there a long time and some were not. All of the iderations have made good music here and there, but the are obviously not the same band making the same kind of music as when they started out. LB saved that band and then he got the boot cause Stevie could no longer work with a guy she shacked up with for a while was BS. Stevie may or may not have had the career she had without  LB, telling  Mick, If I join, its a package deal. I'd much rather listen to anything LB has done compared to Nicks. I can name about 3 Nicks solo songs and maybe 6 or 7 FM ones that were hers. I got all LB solo stuff and seen him once and would go see him again no questions asked. After I saw him live I wanted to go home and throw all my guitars away. That guy is a pros pro and is one of the top players of all time.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

The Peter Green configuration of Fleetwood Mac was indeed a different band.  Same name.  Some same band members, but, a different band.   There’s the Peter Green FM and the LB/SN FM.  Each different, though the same name.   An interesting history for sure with fans of each version of FM.  I like them both, but, the LB/SN version is my favorite, but it’s not an either/or thing to me.  More of a resiliency band thing to me in view of Peter Green’s tragic health issues.  (Although it was great to see him resurface again during the last stage of his life.)

QM aka “ Jazzman” Jeff

10 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

The Peter Green configuration of Fleetwood Mac was indeed a different band.  Same name.  Some same band members, but, a different band.   There’s the Peter Green FM and the LB/SN FM.  Each different, though the same name.   An interesting history for sure with fans of each version of FM.  I like them both, but, the LB/SN version is my favorite, but it’s not an either/or thing to me.  More of a resiliency band thing to me in view of Peter Green’s tragic health issues.  (Although it was great to see him resurface again during the last stage of his life.)

QM aka “ Jazzman” Jeff

No argument.  Fleetwood Mac went from one of the best of the British blues rock bands to a one of the best Southern California pop outfits.  The only band I can think of that changed as dramatically was the Moody Blues after they discovered the mellotron.

My favorite post- Green Fleetwood Mac lineup though was in the mid-1990s when they brought in Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett.  Very short lived but I am also a stone cold Bekka fan.  She inherited her Mom's lungs.  But in all honesty, I saw FM as simply being a backup band for her.

Any resemblance to the Taylor T5 is apparently not coincidental as one of the guys who worked on developing the new Acoustasonic line had also worked for Taylor and had a hand in developing that model. Also brings to mind the Anderson Crowdster.

The Jazzmaster version is definitely incredibly cool looking.  And getting LB, long known for playing Rick Turner guitars, to hawk it is some brilliant marketing.  But the price point puts it beyond something I would buy because it looks cool and might be fun to noodle around with.  Maybe my wife would like it.  She plays in two worship bands and when with the all-girl outfit has been know to play her Epiphone Broadway rather than he J200.  

Edited by zombywoof