Gibson Brands Forums

Mind blown

blindboygrunt

Cascades of enjoyable variations delivered with an immaculate touch. No gap between man and machine. Just direct uncomplicated fusion.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               One listener seems to drop his lighter, , , probably dropped his jaw first. . 

• Thanks 1

I love how all the chatter stops about 30 seconds after he starts to play.

The guy knows how to bend strings, doesn't he?

It really makes you appreciate the L-bodied Gibson flat tops.

Now, if I could only play my L-00 the way he plays his...

That may be the most sped up tricked out version of that Willie Brown tune I have yet to hear.  He does turn it into a show stopper.

Willie, of course, was best known as a sideman for Charley Patton and Son House but he was a top drawer player who recorded, among others, "Future Blues" and "Make Me Pallet on your Floor." 

Anyway if interested here is the way Willie done it.

3 Willie Brown - Mississippi Blues - Bing video

Edited by zombywoof

18 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

At 2:35 he tweaks the tuning of his 1st string without missing a beat.    This gave me knot in my stomach.   Wowsers !   

At 2:12 or so he does a complete run just with left-hand hammer-ons.

That is some truly special playing.  I've heard a few (not many) players like that in different styles and two things amaze me.  First is the ability to come with those ideas of what to play in such a rapid fire sequence and the other is like there just aren't enough frets or notes for them to play.  The go all over the fingerboard and could go further if there was more room.

Great to see you in these parts, BBG!!

I absolutely love Clive’s playing. It’s lyrical, clever, beautiful and mischievous. He’s criminally underrated, possibly because he is unshowy and doesn’t seem to have much of a social media presence, he just lets the music do the talking.

I’ve never met him, but have had the pleasure of sharing a few festival bills with him over the years. He’s a sensational live act.