Gibson Brands Forums

Some darn fast playing...

Rabs

Saw this on another site..... That bit where he really starts playing fast.. His fingers dont seem to be moving enough to play the amount of notes I am hearing ๐Ÿ™‚ย ..ย  But its not just the speed here.. His phrasing is excellent.

ย 

Edited by Rabs
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jdgm said:

Oh he's good....wish I could do that! =D>

It'll be interesting to see what he's doing in 10, 20 years.ย  He is Russian I think.

Yep, he can play. ย I played faster as a kid, Cutting my left arm almost off at 16 screwed me up. Almost off was, the bone and bottom half was all that was holding it on. Almost out of blood at the emergency inside the ambulance. I can't move my fingers very fast ever since.ย 

Must be great action on that axe as he's not picking most of those notes.ย  ย If he was it'd be more impressive.ย  That ability is what impresses me most about these guys...

Steve Morse

And of course, Johnny!ย 

But the kid is somewhat impressive....

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

ย 

ย 

This is one of my favourite McLaughlin solos - P90s, ridiculously fast headbangin' stuff - and it's the best bit of the whole gig IMO, as for the rest of it he plays a Synclavier guitar.

[thumbup]

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw them when they were just The Dregs, and I saw Steve Morse about 3 or 4 times. Mark O'Connor was the guy on the fiddle at the time. It was the Industry Standard Tour. What a killer band.ย 

Indeed.ย  But Allen Sloan was fiddlin' here.

Whitefang

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Indeed.ย  But Allen Sloan was fiddlin' here.

Whitefang

I know. I got all the Dixie Dregs and Dregs stuff. Love me some Refried Funky Chicken. There was no group like those guys. I remember seeing a Winger video and doing a double take and saying "That's Rod Morgenstein of the Dixie Dregsย . .ย  WTF"

I guess I hijacked this thread long enough back to the topic, Yngwie plays fast, but is a d-ouche form what many people say.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Fast is Kool, but don't forget to put some space in-between the notes once in a while like this old Joe classic... ๐Ÿ™‚

The kid was good doing some tasteful riffs, but towards the end of this video see Joe doing 4 fingered arpeggios across at least 6 fretsย on one hand...

ย 

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1