Gibson Brands Forums

Is it a Gibson?

criffindoor

2 minutes ago, criffindoor said:

just because of the "G"? or how can you guys tell?

Lots of stuff. Just go to YT and look at videos on how to spot a fake one. I could make a long list, but wont.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

49 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Because they’re not blind.

thank you very much for your beneficial comment. Every forum needs a conceited, big-headed person like you that ridicules people for not knowing stuff they literally havent dealt with before.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, criffindoor said:

thank you very much for your beneficial comment. Every forum needs a conceited, big-headed person like you that ridicules people for not knowing stuff they literally havent dealt with before.  

I have yet to find a forum that didn't match that description. Try going on a piano or violin forum lol....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, criffindoor said:

thank you very much for your beneficial comment. Every forum needs a conceited, big-headed person like you that ridicules people for not knowing stuff they literally haven't dealt with before.  

I was not the individual that made the original "not blind" comment that was taken offense to ... However, in all fairness, I believe the comment was made in "extreme emphasis/clarity"  that the guitar had numerous tell-tale signs of being non-Gibson, as opposed to it being a belittling comment directed to you personally.  I really do.  I appreciate very much the fact that you posted these pics and asked the question here, and hope you feel comfortable enough to start additional Gibson-related threads in the future.  Thanks again.  😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

It IS kind of cool though. 

I like it. 

And for the record, I'm not blind, unless I take off my reading glasses. 
Then I can't see $hit. 

😬

I agree, It looks like a nice guitar but nopt a Gibson, If you want to know just one thing?  the truss rod cover plate on your guitar has 3 screws holding it in place. Gibsons just have 2 screws. One on top and one on the bottom in the middle. And I never saw a Gibson with just the G on the headstock. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I agree, It looks like a nice guitar but nopt a Gibson, If you want to know just one thing?  the truss rod cover plate on your guitar has 3 screws holding it in place. Gibsons just have 2 screws. One on top and one on the bottom in the middle. And I never saw a Gibson with just the G on the headstock. 

Yes, the three-screw truss rod cover was a dead giveaway, but what caught my eye first were the screwdriver slots in the studs that the Tune O Matic bridge sets onto. 

Unless somebody can hold up an example of an odd one, I've never seen a genuine Gibson with anything but smooth stud tops. 

Oh, and the shape of the fingerboard inlays. 
There's that. 
😗

• Like 1

18 hours ago, criffindoor said:

ah man, don't sweat the small stuff,  this is a great forum with a lot of knowledge. 

don't hesitate to ask your questions, we're "mostly" helpful here.  🙂

• Like 1