Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

What Do You Want That You Don't Have?


Recommended Posts

I'm not gonna say money is no object that is for you to decide. I think the last guitar that knocked my socks off other than than the ones I own was a Martin 000-28EC. I own a standard 000-28, but the EC is like a totally different model. I remember playing it and going "mine sounds nothing like this". If I didn't already have the one I do that would have gone home with me that day. I just couldn't justify the purchase. Should have got it any way, It was used in great shape and at a good price ever for Guitar Center.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The natural born talent to play the guitar 

A 19 year old Bridgette Bardot might be nice along with a Porsche to schlep her around in.  (Odds of that happening: zilch) A really nice house in New Mexico with a stereo system built around a s

a pair of slippers

Hmm, good question. I guess I'd like 5-10 more Les Pauls. But I'm happy with the one. 

Money's most def an object, so in these uncertain times, I don't see myself spending that much again for a long time... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Hmm, good question. I guess I'd like 5-10 more Les Pauls. But I'm happy with the one. 

Money's most def an object, so in these uncertain times, I don't see myself spending that much again for a long time... 

Yeah the last two I got were due to a trade, getting cash from the trade and Joe Biden giving me free money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A 19 year old Bridgette Bardot might be nice along with a Porsche to schlep her around in.  (Odds of that happening: zilch)

A really nice house in New Mexico with a stereo system built around a set of Magnepan 20.7s would be welcome. (Odds of that happening: low but possible)

I wouldn't turn my nose up if it came with an indoor pool and maybe some fishing gear would come in handy along with a dock at a marina for more cruddy little boat.  (Odds of that happening: fishing gear is doable!)

Other than that I can't think of too much else.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuff? Well, I've never played a 175. Not a Gibson one anyway. Maybe they wouldn't be for me, but Joe Pass made nice sounds with them. Maybe I should make that happen and risk wanting one? A 330 might suit me better, but they're as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

I'm not into bikes. I've already done the sports car thing. 

 

Un-stuff: I want to fit back into my size 34 trousers again (still carrying the Xmas pudding around). I want a cruise holiday for me & Cherry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I have a blonde that leaves long hair everywhere, a sportscar that runs like a clock, a home in paradise, pleanty of musician friends here, a nice collection of Epiphones;       Oh wait, something missing, my quest for a specific Epiphone model that wasn't trashed. I have a brand new one that is exactly what I wanted that came out of left field. Since the 90's I have been scanning the internet for one that wasn't ridiculously priced. My search is gone, it gave me so many wonderful hours of pleasure and finding so many wonderful works of art along the way, hmmm guess I need to redefine.

Edited by mihcmac
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree about the waistline....trousers.

Enough money to buy a better house maybe with studio space and a decent covered heated pool [wink]  a newer higher-spec car too.  

What I really would like  to have before I die is the kind of ability and harmonic knowledge that my guitar heroes all have. 

But I'm just me, I have everything I need and I'm still reasonably healthy at the moment so it's all good anyway..

Edited by jdgm
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

Stuff? Well, I've never played a 175. Not a Gibson one anyway. Maybe they wouldn't be for me, but Joe Pass made nice sounds with them. Maybe I should make that happen and risk wanting one? A 330 might suit me better, but they're as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

I'm not into bikes. I've already done the sports car thing. 

 

Un-stuff: I want to fit back into my size 34 trousers again (still carrying the Xmas pudding around). I want a cruise holiday for me & Cherry.

I played only one real one. It was about 5k.  If you don't like to play acoustics its like playing an acoustic it just plugs in, and sounds different too. 

What about the new Slim Harpo 330?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm not gonna say money is no object that is for you to decide. I think the last guitar that knocked my socks off other than than the ones I own was a Martin 000-28EC. I own a standard 000-28, but the EC is like a totally different model. I remember playing it and going "mine sounds nothing like this". If I didn't already have the one I do that would have gone home with me that day. I just couldn't justify the purchase. Should have got it any way, It was used in great shape and at a good price ever for Guitar Center.

I, too, want the 000-28EC, and Martin builds it in a lefty.  That really may be my next guitar purchase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I, too, want the 000-28EC, and Martin builds it in a lefty.  That really may be my next guitar purchase.

Do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife asks this every Christmas, and the answer is always that I have everything I want. (I don't have GAS.)

But there are two guitars that I would definitely keep if someone decided I should have them, and they are an ES-175 and a Bigsby-less Gretsch Penguin.

Edited by zigzag
Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a Tele Custom.  Sold my second one in 19 eighty freakin 8.

I want a Custom Tele, the double bound kind.

rct

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess for the most part that I’m a pretty happy guy.  So long as my family is healthy and doing well, I’m good.  Don’t know that I have any pressing needs that I must fulfill at this time.  Guitars-wise, I still think that somewhere down the road I might look for a Martin Johnny Cash D35.  Beyond that, it would be great to see commonsense return to the world.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I played only one real one. It was about 5k.  If you don't like to play acoustics its like playing an acoustic it just plugs in, and sounds different too. 

What about the new Slim Harpo 330?

Compared to the very few used ones out there, the Slim Harpo works out more affordable. Its new and there are none in the uk right now. I'd have to play it first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I guess for the most part that I’m a pretty happy guy.  So long as my family is healthy and doing well, I’m good.  Don’t know that I have any pressing needs that I must fulfill at this time.  Guitars-wise, I still think that somewhere down the road I might look for a Martin Johnny Cash D35.  Beyond that, it would be great to see commonsense return to the world.

For common sense to return, everyone needs to limit their "social" networking, I think. At first I didn't understand why no religion and politics on here, but look how it polarizes people - radically - everywhere else. To the point where no matter your beliefs, your race, your relugion, there's at least 100 people gathered that want to, and do, bash your head in. Us vs. them is a biologically encoded survival strategy inherent to all living creatures, but with social media networks, it's like the us vs. them thing is put on steroids, a bottle of Jagermeister, a bottle of pills you shouldn't mix with alcohol and told to go play. 

You can't put the genie back though, so I have no idea how to accomplish that. Kids growing up today know no other way of life, and us not-yet-ancient-adults were sucked in, too. Reluctantly, we became less social in real life and more reliant on the new technologies, and now we're in limbo, because we can remember more social times, but it's not likely we'll get them back. Add the pandemic, and we're ALL socially crippled. 

We need a Geezer Army smashing electronics, or something... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Pinch said:

... We need a Geezer Army smashing electronics, or something... 

During Rob Zombie's set at a pre-COVID Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson concert in Denver, with seemingly everyone holding up their phones, Rob Zombie said, "Put all your phones down and just watch the concert.  It's okay, I'll wait".  And he did ... he just stood there with his hands on his hips waiting for the phones to be put down.  (He put on a great show, by the way.  I was very impressed.)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ach!   My list would take too long to type out and post, so I'll just pare it down to----

I'd like the BANG & OLUFSEN  system I had back in '80.  BEOMASTER 4400, BEOGRAM 6006 turntable and BEOVOX M-75 loudspeakers.  

When I split from the ex, I couldn't haul it off with me, but when I returned a couple days later to retrieve it, I found out she gave it to her dealer to pay off a coke debt!  [cursing]

But that was all purchased pre-CD, so a B&O disc player that's compatible would suffice.  [wink]

Whitefang

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...