Gibson Brands Forums

What Do You Want That You Don't Have?

Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

During Rob Zombie's set at a pre-COVID Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson concert in Denver, with seemingly everyone holding up their phones, Rob Zombie said, "Put all your phones down and just watch the concert.  It's okay, I'll wait".  And he did ... he just stood there with his hands on his hips waiting for the phones to be put down.  (He put on a great show, by the way.  I was very impressed.)

White Zombie was supposed to play a small club in Hawaii when I was stationed there around '93 or '94. I think they cancelled or I would have gone.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Retired said:

Still thinking, Haven't thought of anything yet.  The only thing that keeps popping in my head is to see Jesus face to face and I hardly can wait to give Him a big hug for saving my life! 

Almost forgot, It said what I don't have and I already have Him, Just want to see and be with Him.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:00 AM, Pinch said:

For common sense to return, everyone needs to limit their "social" networking, I think. At first I didn't understand why no religion and politics on here, but look how it polarizes people - radically - everywhere else. To the point where no matter your beliefs, your race, your relugion, there's at least 100 people gathered that want to, and do, bash your head in. Us vs. them is a biologically encoded survival strategy inherent to all living creatures, but with social media networks, it's like the us vs. them thing is put on steroids, a bottle of Jagermeister, a bottle of pills you shouldn't mix with alcohol and told to go play. 

You can't put the genie back though, so I have no idea how to accomplish that. Kids growing up today know no other way of life, and us not-yet-ancient-adults were sucked in, too. Reluctantly, we became less social in real life and more reliant on the new technologies, and now we're in limbo, because we can remember more social times, but it's not likely we'll get them back. Add the pandemic, and we're ALL socially crippled. 

We need a Geezer Army smashing electronics, or something... 

Best Answer Ever !      It seems we're morphing.   We've gotten use to the 'keyboard warrior'  syndrome.  It seems to be spilling over to things like Zoom and Team.  First we were emboldened when we could write something to a faceless poster we didn't know  on FarceBook.  Then we found we were becoming argumentative with people we did know - if the internet insulated us.  Now we're getting comfortable being passive aggressive when we can see their image in a postage stamp sized insert on our screen.   But - yeah.  Can't put the genie back in the can of worms.  Kids now will have markedly different social skills than the 'Boomers'.   Another couple of generations and social skills will be viewed as something evil.  A throwback to pre-historic times.   Our great-grandchildren will believe we were all a cross between Al Bundy and Archie Bunker.   

As far as the OP's question...   I've gotten to the point, finally, recently - that I've come to realize "wanting more"  is a Bottomless Pit.  Whether you can afford it is immaterial.  If you allow the thought pattern to repeat too often - it  breeds a sense of dissatisfaction with what you already have.  Maybe with who you are.  Maybe even with who you love.  

16 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Yeah, but you are in Danville.  Things could be much worse ... 

01GT eibach, (do people call you "01" for short?), I'm not complaining.... but I've lived in Danville when I was 45 and I've lived in Danville with I was  71,,..45 is better!

Whenever I hear DANVILLE I think of Rob Petrie(**** Van Dyke's character on his eponymous TV show)  Who supposedly grew up in the town of Danville, Illinois.  Turns out it wasn't(isn't) a fictional city.  And indeed the hometown of **** and brother Jerry Van Dyke.  But I imagine there's probably maybe a third Danville somewhere.  [wink]

Whitefang

32 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Whenever I hear DANVILLE I think of Rob Petrie(**** Van Dyke's character on his eponymous TV show)  Who supposedly grew up in the town of Danville, Illinois.  Turns out it wasn't(isn't) a fictional city.  And indeed the hometown of **** and brother Jerry Van Dyke.  But I imagine there's probably maybe a third Danville somewhere.  [wink]

Whitefang

I suspect the most prominent Danville of all is Danville, VA.  Early settlement and involved in the Civil War.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I live in VA and never heard of it till now.

The first verse of Joan Baez (and The Band) song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down":

Virgil Kane is the name
And I served on the Danville train
'Till Stoneman's cavalry came
And tore up the tracks again

7 minutes ago, saturn said:

Jeez. I was just gonna say a nice acoustic guitar. But that seems blasé after these other responses.  [rolleyes]

I said that in my first post, but I would take Jennifer any day of the week over a guitar.