Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar

Pink_Floyd

Well my 2008 Standard in Desert Burst has arrived and I pick it up next Wednesday. I have been and had a look at it and I am ever so slightly dismayed with the top grain/finish. I had the option of other guitars in stock when I placed the order but I really wanted the desert finish. Guess I will have to live with it. :-

Customer satisfaction is above all. Take it back now before its too late. Tell them you dont like it, and though they may piss and moan theyll get you another.

Just do it soon before the bring back date expires.

Its a pain but youll be glad you did.

This isnt a little purchase. Youre paying big bucks for that Lester....get what YOU want.

Customer satisfaction is above all. Take it back now before its too late. Tell them you dont like it' date=' and though they may piss and moan theyll get you another.

Just do it soon before the bring back date expires.

Its a pain but youll be glad you did.

This isnt a little purchase. Youre paying big bucks for that Lester....get what YOU want.[/quote']

I don't think it will be that easy, it was bought in the UK on a special order. Don't get me wrong it is not shocking but not what I expected for a £1899.00 guitar.... I have yet to actually pick it up or pay the balance that is due so I don't actually need to take it back.

Well my 2008 Standard in Desert Burst has arrived and I pick it up next Wednesday. I have been and had a look at it and I am ever so slightly dismayed with the top grain/finish. I had the option of other guitars in stock when I placed the order but I really wanted the desert finish. Guess I will have to live with it. #-o

Just curious, why didn't you get one of the 08's in stock? I played one right off the hook at Guitar Center last week and it was awesome. I know no two guitars are exactly alike, but with the plek , the neck and frets were great.

Was it just the Desert Burst Finish? What other finishes were in stock? BTW, the one I played was a Desert Burst, so I know where you are coming from.

If you don't love the guitar, then you won't pick it up. Are Nine has some good advice about playing the others in the store before you take one home. Better to take one home that you love rather than one you regret (and who knows, you may find the desertburst the best after a comparison and like it more than you do now).

Thanks guys,

Basically they had an 08 desert burst in stock and when I went back to play and put down a deposit it was gone. So I viewed the other guitars they had and played a few. I just felt that Desert was the finish for me and the only way was to order one. So it has arrived and it is nice it is just lacking in the finish that lets it down.

Now don't get me wrong it is not horrible, far from it, rather other guitars just show it up a bit. I just have to accept that I am getting a good guitar in the finish I want albeit without an 'awesome flame top'

Archived