Gibson Brands Forums

ES330 left handed production figures

Peter reilly

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I said 4 but I changed my mind and it was 6.

Gibson may know give em a call their record keeping is flawless.

not sure what I ever did to you to be gifted with such wit....I am not familiar with how accurate Gibsons record keeping is but based on your response maybe not so good.  

Gibson doesn't even know its own serial number system. They keep horrible records and I am willing to bet it is almost impossible to have someone go back through the old ledgers and count how many lefty's were built in that model.

Its called humor and if you stick around long enough there will be more to come. My question to you is, do you honestly think anyone on this forum can accurately say how many were built over 5 decades ago?

45 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson doesn't even know its own serial number system. They keep horrible records and I am willing to bet it is almost impossible to have someone go back through the old ledgers and count how many lefty's were built in that model.

Its called humor and if you stick around long enough there will be more to come. My question to you is, do you honestly think anyone on this forum can accurately say how many were built over 5 decades ago?

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't think there was a shot.  No harm in trying, right?  There are some pretty detail oriented people out there and who knows what research may have preceded me.  In any case I know they are rare as they don't often pop up in resale.

17 minutes ago, Peter reilly said:

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't think there was a shot.  No harm in trying, right?  There are some pretty detail oriented people out there and who knows what research may have preceded me.  In any case I know they are rare as they don't often pop up in resale.

No there is not, but that is seriously an unrealistic question about and entire decades worth of left handed guitars of one specific model. No one on this forum is a Gibson employee and as such we do not have access to their records. If a google search came up with nothing chances are its like looking for its a needle in a haystack.