Gibson Brands Forums

Make a 6 string sound like a 12?

EVH5445

Octave (up), delay set for less than one repetition (feedback) and at the shortest time you can set it; chorus.

For this particular sound I would place the delay first. The chorus second and the octaver 3rd... the octave generator should be set at half the level of the real sound, the delay at the same level and the chorus at your taste.

Octave (up)' date=' delay set for less than one repetition (feedback) and at the shortest time you can set it; chorus.

For this particular sound I would place the delay first. The chorus second and the octaver 3rd... the octave generator should be set at half the level of the real sound, the delay at the same level and the chorus at your taste.[/quote']

If you can EQ most of the low end out of the octave, you'll get a cleaner tone.

For recording I do it Jimmy Page-style and record two separate parts an octave away from each other. If your timing is right it will sound just like a 12 string.

By doing this you can do unison bends and even change a few notes to give the part some depth. You can also edit each octave individually and put them on separate sides for a 12 string chorus effect.

ehx pog or micro pog... lets you set either a +1 or -1 octave or both... which gives you a twelve or eighteen string guitar..

I have the pedal.. messed around with it and tried various settings... comes pretty close to the actual thing and you can also get some organ sounds from it....

Archived