Gibson Brands Forums

I would be terribly pleased if a small crowd of us could define British Cuisine. 

Irregardless,  Do you know anyone who can dance the flamingo ?  

And the worst winner - who  decided to put the letter  'S'   in the word  "LISP"  ?

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I'll just start here by pointing out it should be REGARDLESS!  [wink]

Along with your third entry up there, I'd like to ask why the word "PHONETIC" isn't spelled phonetically? 

And how many people do you know who manage to call it "HORSHRADISH"?  and not "horseradish"?    or....

Still call sherbet "SHERBERT"?     And tied for first in my personal oxymoron list------

PHYLLY SOUL and JAPANESE ANIMATION.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1

British cuisine is darker than French and not as heated or "spicy" as Spanish.  It leans on the browner, darker herbs and spices, but not into the hotter the Spanish use, and away from the greener herbage and seasoning of average French cuisine.  Lots of red(ish) meats, seasoned on the brown side, sauced on the darker, richer, thicker side.  Even their bright white north Atlantic fish and the Salmon of Scotland are sauced darker, more honey, more brown tones.   

A fairly dark opener like good Scotch, meal with a thick, meaty Bordeaux, close with, as usual, the best Port or Armagnac you can get.

So there you go.

rct

Bangers and Mash (AKA Airships in the Clouds) with onion gravy, tomato or brown sauce and (optional) baked beans or a green veg.

Or Toad in the Hole; sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter with onion gravy and veg - mushy peas.

Tea with milk and sugar please.

Beer.

Whisky - not for me thanks - I like a good dark rum.

🥃[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm

Spotted ****.

Spotted **** is a traditional British baked pudding, historically made with suet and dried fruit and often served with custard. Non-traditional variants include recipes that replace suet with other fats, or that include eggs to make something similar to a sponge pudding or cake

Can't believe a genuine British food dish just got censored! There's a comic book detective with surname 'Tracy' that shares the same first name as this British delicacy.

Edited by Brucebubs

7 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Spotted ****.

Spotted **** is a traditional British baked pudding, historically made with suet and dried fruit and often served with custard. Non-traditional variants include recipes that replace suet with other fats, or that include eggs to make something similar to a sponge pudding or cake

Can't believe a genuine British food dish just got censored! There's a comic book detective with surname 'Tracy' that shares the same first name as this British delicacy.

Hey, notice in another thread "Otto" censored TV star  D i c k Van Dyke's name too.  I forgot both there was an "Otto" sensor here and to space between the letters.("Otto" is my facetious name for the auto censor)  To push on.....   I will not put into my mouth anything called;

"Spotted D i c k;   

Pulled pork( based on what we used to call m a s t mu r b a t i o n---"Pulling the pork".)

Pop Rocks (One could m a s t u r b a t e until he pops his rocks)

So far, anyway.  [wink]

Whitefang

In their advertisements, the makers of RAID claims it, "Kills bugs dead."   [confused]

Does that mean there's a way to kill bugs without making them dead?  [wink]

Is a "slim chance" better or worse than a "fat chance"?  

Just how long IS a "month of Sundays"? 

Whitefang