Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone be "plussed" as opposed to "nonplussed"?

"Recked" as opposed to "reckless"?

And I once heard a guy describe some girl as "pretty ugly"!   And another say, "I didn't like that movie.  It was pretty gross." 

Is a dog's life really all that bad?   Personally, I've never had a rug lie to me.    And just how much IS a sh!tload? 

Whitefang

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I worked for a company that wanted to make a new website for their "Spa and Retail Store".   So the Marketing dept. came up with:

[company name]sparetailstore.com

It was with great delight that my department pointed out to Marketing that "sparetailstore" in a URL can read as "spare tail store".   😂

Here is a similar problem:

xxodveuzuxt01.jpg

"kid sex change". 

Apparently, that topic is a topic of discussion these days... I think maybe we should leave gender corrective surgery until people have at least gone through puberty?

But, of course, I realize the headlines are a case of a very few extremists trying to get a rise out of people and succeeding. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

xxodveuzuxt01.jpg

"kid sex change". 

Even taken as intended it suggests to parents a place to get a "trade-in".    [wink] ( "I'll give you this bratty boy in exchange for two little girls."  [biggrin] ) .

Whitefang

"Hey Jim, that girl you were buying drinks for at the bar last Friday night...."

"Yeah?"

"How did things go?"

"Good, I guess. Yeah, I took her home."

"Ah. You are trending toward the big girls lately, I notice."

"Big?"  (looks around)
"She was more than big. She was obeast!"

😬

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, sparquelito said:

"She was more than big. She was obeast!"

😬

[laugh]  My wife, despite being born in Laredo Texas, learned  Spanish before English  (for some reason) and ended many words with a "t" when one wasn't originally in the word.    And I actually did hear her once say "obeast" instead of "obese" several times.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1

Last one reminds me of a local headline back in the Clinton years during all the Monica Lewinski troubles.  She was to be questioned by a senate commitee  one day, and when you consider the nature of the sexual contact she had with Clinton you'd understand my amusement at the headline that read;-----

"LEWINSKI TO FACE SENATE"  [omg]  [laugh]

Whitefang

• Like 1