Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio check

FilipeHamburgo

Yeah.. Looks like  a Gibson.

My only slight issue and thats cos I cant really see exactly what it is, is there may be a crack on the top of the headstock.. May just be the grain though.

HbHHjZ8.jpg

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

He is not the tx-ogre for nothing, I believe he nailed it.

Hmm, I dont think so..  That looks like a standard maple top... The Smartwood used different woods...  I think you were right with your first guess... Been sanded down and oiled or whatever finsish.

• Like 1

That’s a real Gibson, but the TR cover is not a Gibson part that I’ve ever seen. Granted an inexpensive part to replace, it looks aftermarket. Are you looking to buy? Do you get a chance to inspect the thing before throwing down the money - give it a look over and make sure everything works? 

• Like 1

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys have been giving me!

That’s right, I want to buy it but was unsure about the actual variation, I know it’s a studio but I wanted to pinpoint the exact variation in order to cross-check the serial number.

I managed to get a look at it today, it looks fine, even though it’s got some scratches and the neck needs adjustment. The pickups are real as far as I can tell (tested them on a blackstar amplifier). it’s an expensive item, especially where I live.

I never had a Les Paul, it would be my first. It felt amazing though, and sounded perfectly fine except for some fret-buzzing, which should be solved after the neck and nut adjustment.

7 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

That’s a real Gibson, but the TR cover is not a Gibson part that I’ve ever seen. Granted an inexpensive part to replace, it looks aftermarket. Are you looking to buy? Do you get a chance to inspect the thing before throwing down the money - give it a look over and make sure everything works? 

my 2002 standard has a trc  just like that

That does look authentic 

• Like 1