Gibson Brands Forums

Possible Vintage Gibson Warehouse Find

Came across this possible vintage Gibson in a warehouse cleanout. Not 100% on its authenticity but definitely looks old. I don't think the pickups and hardware are original but just want to double check. Headstock is stamped Made In USA and serial number is 510510

20210407_104135.jpg

20210407_104108.jpg

20210407_104154.jpg

20210407_104037.jpg

20210407_104116.jpg

20210407_104110.jpg

20210407_104144.jpg

• Like 1

It's an L6-s from the mid 70s. The only thing that I would even question is the knobs. I know they used speed knobs on this model but there's no guarantee that those particular ones are original to the guitar. Impossible to tell. It looks all original otherwise. The finish looks a little odd but it might just be old smoke.

4 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

It's an L6-s from the mid 70s. The only thing that I would even question is the knobs. I know they used speed knobs on this model but there's no guarantee that those particular ones are original to the guitar. Impossible to tell. It looks all original otherwise. The finish looks a little odd but it might just be old smoke.

Thank you for the heads up. I actually found the truss rod cover stuck under part of the felt in the case and it has the L6-S model on it.

28 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Score! L-6S Custom. 

Original pickups, bridge - tailpiece looks a lot less pitted so that may have been replaced.

[thumbup]

Yeah the tailpiece did look a little newer then the rest of the hardware but it is actually broken so might replace it since it's not original anyways.