Gibson Brands Forums

Geordie (that singer looks familiar)

Theres also Bon Scott before AC/DC

And AC/DC before Bon Scott  🙂  No wonder Angus went with the school uniform.. Id refuse to wear what the rest of the are wearing too  😄 

Edited by Rabs

Yikes. 

A younger musician friend recently:  "Man oh man, Spark. You were around for all that great music of the 1960's and 1970's. It must have been fantastic!"

Me: "Eh. Not all of it."

😐

Looks like Brian was already good before AC/DC....and AC/DC was already sounding decent before Bon....and Bon was, well, god love him (but WTF was that?), Bon was in need of AC/DC [laugh] 

5 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Yikes. 

A younger musician friend recently:  "Man oh man, Spark. You were around for all that great music of the 1960's and 1970's. It must have been fantastic!"

Me: "Eh. Not all of it."

😐

Well, I was around for  some of that "great" '50's music, then the '60's, '70's and the not so great(IMHO) '80's.  And really, not ALL of it was great.   So if that's what Sparque meant in his reply to the younger musician, he got it right.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1
17 hours ago, brad1 said:

Yeah I knew that 40 years ago. You just found out that now?????

Same here. Never heard them though. Still haven't. I'm edgy like that. 

20 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Rabs the first video is crazy.   Bon would be on my top 5 list of greatest rock vocalists.   

@'Scales  Looks like he was doing many things to get in the industry.

More

Edited by Rabs

Yeah, in interviews Angus stated that getting Bon Scott was what AC/DC needed more than anything due to his work ethic.  He worked hard and pushed the band to do the same.  Angus said that he thought their early success was due to  Bon always pushing them to do more.

• Like 1

And here I thought he was just another one of those uniquely great for rock music voices.  Like STEVE MARRIOTT.  

Really, I never was big on AC/DC, but did think Scott was the better vocalist they had.  

Whitefang