Gibson Brands Forums

How is the Gibson Corporation doing these days?

Lars68

This pandemic is great for instruments makers, due to lockdowns and not being able to travel etc... people take up guitar again. Fender had the best years ever, same I hear from my favorite music store owner. I guess Gibson does well like the others, and I like what's coming out of Gibson since the new CEO took over. The quality is up for sure.

Well, they are doubling the size of the Bozeman factory, so that should indicate some confidence. I also notice in an article that Cesar from Gibson (forget the gentleman's last name) said that they had a great year all around, which would make sense. 

Also let's bear in mind that Gibson's financial problems were not due to the core guitar business being bad- and certainly not because of the greatly overhyped "quality control"- but only because they stupidly invested in peripheral businesses that failed to make money and in fact lost an incredible amount. 

Gibson as a guitar company is doing just fine. 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:33 PM, BoSoxBiker said:

When is the expansion supposed to be up and running?

Should be complete by this September from what I understand.  A shame I quit 4 years ago.  Had to because of carpal tunnel forming in both my wrists.  I wonder how the employees are being treated since there's a new CEO?  Hours and days were long back then, with health hazards aplenty. 

2 hours ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Should be complete by this September from what I understand.  A shame I quit 4 years ago.  Had to because of carpal tunnel forming in both my wrists.  I wonder how the employees are being treated since there's a new CEO?  Hours and days were long back then, with health hazards aplenty. 

Hopefully it all comes together for your ex-coworkers and current family, friends and neighbors and friends. Production is a difficult existence from any and every angle.

On 4/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, Chris P. Bacon said:

Crispy Bacon.  Do You know Hogeye? 😀