Gibson Brands Forums

Always On My Mind - Willie Nelson cover

rbpicker

Thanks so much, guys for giving this some of your time to listen and jot a note.  It’s appreciated very much.  

E-minor7, yes I keep the 45 a half step down to accommodate my declining vocal range, which is a lot more than a half step down these days ; ). Besides that, I really love the sonorous tones this big guy gives back when strummed.  In dropped-D, it’s like the low rumble of thunder across a summer cornfield.  Just lovely.

Roger

Nice job - I had forgotten about this song, I used to do it, and may have to add it back to the set list now that you've reminded me of it. 👍  As I recall I did an Elvis arrangement that involved some modulation after the second chorus.  Something to work on.

I knew what you meant, Hall,  but I can’t edit either.  Not sure what’s going on, but the way I usually type, I definitely need an edit function.   thanks for your note.  
Twang Gang, J45Nick, AnneS, uncle fester also.  I appreciate you all sending a note.

roger

Very nice performance! I enjoyed it.  You always seem to do quite well with your covers. A nice combination of being yourself and covering it in the style of a particular artist to the extent that it fits you. Good times! 

edit - for those who mentioned not being able to edit, the little "..." icon on the top-right of your post contains an edit option.

Edited by BoSoxBiker