Gibson Brands Forums

The Sound of Metal (movie)

Pinch

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw it was on AP. I need to check it out. I love rock docs. I even watch ones about people I don't listen to.

Me too. I even read rock autobiographies about bands I don't like. Within reason. 

Why did you post this in here and not the lounge??? 

I have seen the trailer for it and really like the lead actor (he is brilliant in 4 Lions) but I feel that it may be a bit close to the bone for me to be entertainment if you see what I mean.. I have had tinnitus for many many years.. Most of the time I am ok but the second I concentrate on it I hear it really bad.. Watching a film like that I fear will only make me mostly uncomfortable.. Sadly its a bit too late for me to learn from it.

Just now, Pinch said:

Oops. Sorry! 

Yeah, I sure noticed my tinnitus more just after I'd seen it. 

No worries by me but there may have been more of a response to the thread in there thats all...

But yeah... Even now typing back to you, cos we are discussing it I can hear it... 

I did do some silly things in my youth though..  One was when I went to see Motorhead and really wanted to get to the front.. The only place left was at the side, right in front of the bloody speakers.. I really didnt hear properly again for about three days after that... I also saw Type O Negative in a quite small venue. At the time I believe they were recorded as the worlds loudest band,,

Frikken great gigs though   😄  

Dinosaur Jr at a pub in Byron Bay in 2017 - still had the 3 full stacks and 3 bass rigs which just fit on the stage.  Someone here on the Gibson lounge (I think it was DubT123) gave me the tip to wear earplugs.  I did. It was a good tip. Here's a clip from the very gig - no way I can crank it loud enough to get within a 10th of the real volume !!! pure joy!!!

On 4/16/2021 at 7:16 AM, 'Scales said:

Dinosaur Jr at a pub in Byron Bay in 2017 - still had the 3 full stacks and 3 bass rigs which just fit on the stage.  Someone here on the Gibson lounge (I think it was DubT123) gave me the tip to wear earplugs.  I did. It was a good tip. Here's a clip from the very gig - no way I can crank it loud enough to get within a 10th of the real volume !!! pure joy!!!

I saw them at Lollapalooza in '93.