Gibson Brands Forums

Music video for my single

GuyJamesMusic

You sound terrific! Your guitar technique shows you have put in the practice hours. 
You are getting a very nice tone out of that sweet looking guitar. 
Video production and editing is top notch also.  
Bravo Guy!👍

4 hours ago, brad1 said:

You sound terrific! Your guitar technique shows you have put in the practice hours. 
You are getting a very nice tone out of that sweet looking guitar. 
Video production and editing is top notch also.  
Bravo Guy!👍

Thank you very much! Practice everyday 🙌🏼

That was fabulous, Guy. 

Thank you for sharing that!

Interesting to me, considering the style of your playing, and the almost Steve Vai-like-groove of that composition, is your choice of guitar. 
If I were to leave the video playing as I walked around the house, my mind's eye would picture a pointy Ibanez at play. 

Watching that beautifully-filmed and edited video, with you rocking the old-school Gibson, my brain kept trying to re-boot on me!!
It was like it didn't compute, the juxtaposition of the axe and the sounds/tones. 

😚

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sparquelito said:

That was fabulous, Guy. 

Thank you for sharing that!

Interesting to me, considering the style of your playing, and the almost Steve Vai-like-groove of that composition, is your choice of guitar. 
If I were to leave the video playing as I walked around the house, my mind's eye would picture a pointy Ibanez at play. 

Watching that beautifully-filmed and edited video, with you rocking the old-school Gibson, my brain kept trying to re-boot on me!!
It was like it didn't compute, the juxtaposition of the axe and the sounds/tones. 

😚

I love the 335! It’s easier to reach on for stretchy chords/licks. I did put Suhr SSV pickups in this though. Better modern overdrive response IMO 

Very nice, Guy! You can play! It's not often that I can sit through a whole tune. Best of luck to you! Let us know when and where we can get your recording. Also, tell us a bit about your beautiful 335! Peace!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, G Mac said:

Very nice, Guy! You can play! It's not often that I can sit through a whole tune. Best of luck to you! Let us know when and where we can get your recording. Also, tell us a bit about your beautiful 335! Peace!

Man the 335 changed my life as a young guitarist... played an old one just starting out and it became my goal to get one when I was better.

this model is http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/ES-335.aspx

i put Suhr SSV pickups in for a little more modern edge sound. And evo gold refret... no more nibs! I also run daddario 9.5 strings. I think it open the sound up nicely. Subtle bit noticeable and definitely easier bending.

• Thanks 4

Really nice guitar work, brought Larry Carlton to mind.  But videos that cut to a different image every two seconds or less give me a headache, and honestly I had to close my eyes to get through the entire song.  Good luck with the project - the sound is great.