Gibson Brands Forums

Roger Waters – This Is Not A Drill 2022 (Tour Announcement)

Rabs

Seen him twice. The Pros And Cons Tour was good. Radio KAOS was okay. It was weird with the DJ guy on the stage.

The Creative Genius of PF. No swelled head there huh Rog. I totally forgot PF was one guy.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

as he was born in a world war in a country being bombed 24/7 and playing in ruins as a child  I understand why he may be political...calling attention the the fkness of war isnt a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

but tired of hsi political views.

I agree. And all the other musicians that open their yaps about politics. You have the right to say what you want and I have the right to not buy your music or a ticket. Yes his dad died in WW II.

• Like 1

I dont mind Folk and love a lot of it ..I get that end of it but it does not mean that everything has to be a political statement just because you dont like a certain politician...I really dont have an issue with statement songs but when all the videos and discussion between songs are about what you want to people to think...not for me...

27 minutes ago, jvi said:

the folk boom was about politics, guess you dont listen to that....your loss

What . . .  there is a genre called Folk Music. I never knew that. Are some of those songs by a guy called Robert Allen Zimmeman? The 3 times I saw him live (once when he toured with the Grateful Dead) he mostly mumbled and I couldn't understand the lyrics.

The last time I saw him was with my wife when he did that Minor League Baseball Stadium Tour. He was talk-mumbling between two songs and my wife asked me what he was saying, and I replied, I think he is introducing his band.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What . . .  there is a genre called Folk Music. I never knew that. Are some of those songs by a guy called Robert Allen Zimmeman? The 3 times I saw him live (once when he toured with the Grateful Dead) he mostly mumbled and I couldn't understand the lyrics.

Is there anyone you dont  find fault with ?  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jvi said:

Is there anyone you dont  find fault with ?  

I am a harsh critic. Even with groups I love. Not every note, chord and lyric people do are magic. Did we really need 5 minutes of Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, in Hey Jude. I could write that.

If you want to be a politician put down the mic and guitar and run for office. I don't tell Bruce Springsteen or Neil Young what to write about in their songs, but they feel the need to tell us what we should do and who to vote for.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

, maybe artists are  "just voicing opinions" ,     and ya, you could probably write na na na but I dont think you could write "hey jude " ....or  even  "you know my name, look up the number."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jvi said:

, maybe artists are  "just voicing opinions" ,     and ya, you could probably write na na na but I dont think you could write "hey jude " ....or  even  "you know my name, look up the number."

Let's hear it for Dennis O'Bell.

Well then I am allowed to voice mine, right, yet I take s-hit for it. Especially from you. I'm not a pompous rich arrogant rock star, maybe that is where my fault lies. I guess if I were people would pat me on the back and for the stuff that comes out of my mouth. I'm to stupid to make up my own mind and need Neil and Bruce tell me how to live. And Roger can shut his yap too. Go complain about your head of government (The Prime Minister) in the country you live in and shut up about America and Israel.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

29 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Let's hear it for Dennis O'Bell.

Well then I am allowed to voice mine, right, yet I take s-hit for it. Especially from you. I'm not a pompous rich arrogant rock star, maybe that is where my fault lies. I guess if I were people would pat me on the back and for the stuff that comes out of my mouth. I'm to stupid to make up my own mind and need Neil and Bruce tell me how to live. And Roger can shut his yap too. Go complain about your head of government (The Prime Minister) in the country you live in and shut up about America and Israel.

I dont talk about your govnt nor anyones  but mine.  I dont compain about Canadian govt, because Im proud of it. You seem to mention my country a lot ...and other ones as well....just saying

22 minutes ago, jvi said:

I dont talk about your govnt nor anyones  but mine.  I dont compain about Canadian govt, because Im proud of it. You seem to mention my country a lot ...and other ones as well....just saying

I love Canada and can't wait to go back. I have never said anything bad about Canada or its gov. I went to Vancouver on my Honeymoon. The best Calamari I ever had was at the microbrewery in Vancouver close to where the cruise ships pull in. I can't remember the name of it. They put thinly sliced jalapeno's in it that took it to the next level. My wife loves Poutine.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

the hatred of school, war, and right wing politics is to Roger as the love of sex, booze, and rock n roll is to AC/DC...

Dr 'Scales' diagnosis - mental oriented topics polarize us and physical oriented topics unite us.

Songwriters may wish to take note.