Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Collectors and people who want and can afford them like them, but I think its the guitar maker likes them much more cause they make money off them.

Exactly. Business goes where the money is. Why some people get upset about this, I don't really know. The way I look at it is like this: if I don't like ___ I go some place else. 

Edited by Sevendaymelee

1 hour ago, EuroAussie said:

$4,500 for the Noel J-150 ? 

Paid $1,400 for my J-150 and I bet it sounds better.

If I don't get the NG 150 and keep my SJ-200, I have been looking at picking up a blonde J-150...yours sounds sweet!  There is a decent example of a 2001 on reverb for 2700 in mint condition.

10 minutes ago, golfski said:

If I don't get the NG 150 and keep my SJ-200, I have been looking at picking up a blonde J-150...yours sounds sweet!  There is a decent example of a 2001 on reverb for 2700 in mint condition.

It'll be interesting to see whether the NG causes the standard models to ratchet up in price from now on just because they're an alternative

• Like 1

12 hours ago, golfski said:

Id look at it. I found J150 / 200's built between 2001-2005 to have an amazingly consistent strong tone. No idea why but they really shine from that period. 

On 4/27/2021 at 1:28 PM, cunningham26 said:

Noel's story is that his is just an off-the-rack J-150 from the 00s bought on a whim in London- i don't think there will be anything structurally different as he doesn't mess with his guitars. just the signed label, the adidas sticker, and the exclusivity 

Just like when Gilmour’s legendary Black Strat started its life. He needed a guitar cause their gear got stolen on tour. It was off the rack.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my confirmation of order, picking up on the 21st of June, excited to have no binding after playing a J-150 and comparing to the SJ-200 I had my hands on for a while.  Still have no specs, not sure the receipt gives any details, but posting in case any slueths know how to read GC SKU 🙂

"GIBSON AMJBNGVS WC Noel Gallagher 150 AE GTR VINT"

On 5/25/2021 at 11:48 PM, golfski said:

I just got my confirmation of order, picking up on the 21st of June, excited to have no binding after playing a J-150 and comparing to the SJ-200 I had my hands on for a while.  Still have no specs, not sure the receipt gives any details, but posting in case any slueths know how to read GC SKU 🙂

"GIBSON AMJBNGVS WC Noel Gallagher 150 AE GTR VINT"

Congratulations.  Can’t wait to see pics and hear about the specs.  Interesting that it’s so close to delivery and Gibson hasn’t published any information about it.  

Hi all,

Been following the news on this and as there are some questions over the specs, I thought I'd sign up and post.

I contacted gibson a couple of months back on this guitar (I've since got my pre-order in) and they were nice enough to send me the spec sheet. (see attached)

Limited to 200 worldwide, signed label. I think the LR Baggs Anthem is an upgrade over the original pickup in the J-150? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps

image.thumb.png.1809997c80d143de8295dbfad02ee62d.png

Edited by CodenameMAT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CodenameMAT said:

Hi all,

Been following the news on this and as there are some questions over the specs, I thought I'd sign up and post.

I contacted gibson a couple of months back on this guitar (I've since got my pre-order in) and they were nice enough to send me the spec sheet. (see attached)

Limited to 200 worldwide, signed label. I think the LR Baggs Anthem is an upgrade over the original pickup in the J-150? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps

image.thumb.png.1809997c80d143de8295dbfad02ee62d.png

Thanks for sharing! I’m glad to see it’s not torrefied.  I wish they’d put out the cost on it.  What did they charge for your pre-order, and who did you place it with?

The anthem is a step up over the VTC included in the SJ-200 Original.  I was unaware the original models didn’t come with the anthem, as my 2019 SJ-200 standard has one.

3 hours ago, Jalex said:

Seems like it has a fairly narrow nut width 1.687".

I agree!  That is bumming me out and hope it is not correct - maybe it’s because NG is a wee lad?  That might be the deal breaker for me and go back to the SJ-200 - 1.725 like other models would have been ideal!

1 hour ago, golfski said:

I agree!  That is bumming me out and hope it is not correct - maybe it’s because NG is a wee lad?  That might be the deal breaker for me and go back to the SJ-200 - 1.725 like other models would have been ideal!

Yeah, I do hope it's incorrect. I was checking on the Gibson website and I don't see any other models with that nut width.  Would be a deal breaker for me also. I cannot find a spec for the the original J-150's nut width.

Edited by Jalex

Guess I'm late to the party on this but does any one have any leads on anywhere that would have this in stock? I was waiting for all the details to be announced and had a shop fairly confident they could get me one, but its seems that all the UK allocation has been sold at the start of 2021 

On 6/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, stella118 said:

Guess I'm late to the party on this but does any one have any leads on anywhere that would have this in stock? I was waiting for all the details to be announced and had a shop fairly confident they could get me one, but its seems that all the UK allocation has been sold at the start of 2021 

It's gonna be a tough one. From what I've heard, the UK got 12 in total (no sources or anything that's just what I heard)

GAK got a total of 3. You can contact them and go on a waiting list in case anyone drops out. Thomann in Germany told me they're on order (no idea how many) and if you contact them, they'll let you know if and when they come in stock (I couldn't preorder one from there though which was disappointing)

Best bet is to start emailling guitar shops in Europe and just ask. If anyone has any coming in, it's likely to be in the single digits. Good luck!

Edited by CodenameMAT

On 6/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, stella118 said:

You’re not late . Gibson just did an awful job of giving information about this guitar.

I had been waiting for over 1 year to hear the details and I just recieved word from my dealer  the entire run is sold out and has been for months … So I’m not getting the guitar either . They should have clearly stated that this was a)limited edition  and b) that you could preorder it months in advance . Just saying it was available in June made it seem like it was going to be a model anyone who wanted one could order it .

I wanted this guitar for personal reasons  and it’s been tough to digest the fact that I won’t be getting one .

JC

On 4/29/2021 at 2:49 PM, Hall said:

I paid $1500 for my blond J-150  and it is at the top of my Gibsons in sound, playability and appearance!  Have always loved the unbound neck.

When did you get it? My parents paid 67K for a house in California in 1971. Try getting a shoe box in Cali for that today.

43 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

You’re not late . Gibson just did an awful job of giving information about this guitar.

Sorry to hear that, JC. From what I've read, this is pretty common. When Gibson announce a new model, Dealers have already put orders in for them. However, Gibson does not allow dealers to advertise them (even if they have them on order) so you need to contact them directly.

10 minutes ago, CodenameMAT said:

Sorry to hear that, JC. From what I've read, this is pretty common. When Gibson announce a new model, Dealers have already put orders in for them. However, Gibson does not allow dealers to advertise them (even if they have them on order) so you need to contact them directly.

Enjoy yours !!! 

I can’t wait until you have it in your hands !!!

I had a custom order made  for someone I used (based on Noel’s Ronnie Wood J 200) to know a long time ago  which got signed by Noel Gallagher eventually:

https://ibb.co/LZYBkLw

We no longer are friends and this person has agreed to return the guitar (covid obviously slowed that process down)  to me since it was a symbol of thr friendship .

So this NG model would have been the perfect closure to that situation.

Again … Enjoy the heck out of yours !!!

Very lucky 

JC 

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar

1 hour ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

I had been waiting for over 1 year to hear the details and I just recieved word from my dealer  the entire run is sold out and has been for months … So I’m not getting the guitar either . They should have clearly stated that this was a)limited edition  and b) that you could preorder it months in advance . Just saying it was available in June made it seem like it was going to be a model anyone who wanted one could order it .

I wanted this guitar for personal reasons  and it’s been tough to digest the fact that I won’t be getting one .

JC

Sorry to hear JC but glad you've got another one in mind. I think I'll personally wait on a Richard Ashcroft J200 in blonde!