Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

RJ80, perhaps sharing a bit of my very recent experience will put you a little more at ease with a few of the issues as much as reading your post did for me.

17 hours ago, RJ80 said:

It also had a Humidipak (unopened) in the case and the shoulders of the guitar were dusty, like it had been sitting out of its case for a while

I was recently very disgusted with a recent shipment direct from Gibson Montana for most of the same reasons. The dusty thing still baffles me, though newly lacquered guitars straight from the case do get oddly dusty after a small bit of time. I never thought from the case. I think it's a static thing with how it's applied. I thought it was a used guitar. The case candy looked incomplete, though I do not recall what is "missing", if anything. The little checklist card was pure fiction. My seal was not broken, but much of what you say about yous happened with mine.

I'd be willing to bet that someone in between and including Gibson and GC, or between GC and you did pilfer, Things do happen.

17 hours ago, RJ80 said:

I contacted Orchid here, who has been helpful in elevating the matter, but nearly a week later, I still have no acceptable solution. Another call to GC customer service says they'll check with the warehouse and call back. Still waiting.

The only ones who are going to be able to help you is Gibson CS. That assumes that your acceptable solution is even possible. If Gibson CS can get something done, great. If not, then you're in that scenario 62Burst described above. If the NG swag does little for you and it's a small part of the bigger picture, then you are in a different position. The keep it or send it back being a question of quality rather than the added bits of NG swag, collectors item.

Good luck with whatever way you go.

• Like 1
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GC inventory update... Still no change.  Waiting on Gibson to finish the prep and ship our last 8.  You may see what looks to be an additional charge to your card on the order.  This is just us c

GC inventory update... Still waiting for the remaining 8 guitars ordered online to arrive in Nashville from Gibson Montana. ETA is 7/4, but since that's a Sunday, it will almost certainly be a da

And here it is ❤️❤️❤️  Blown away. Looks and sound amazing and smells like vanilla (Never owned a Gibson before so didn't know they all smell like that) #SomeMightSayTheyDontBelieveInNi

Posted Images

Guys, thanks for all the helpful comments. It's a frustrating situation, to be sure. To think you can spend nearly five grand on a brand-new guitar (I've bought cheaper automobiles!) and experience such a shockingly low level of quality control and customer service is really disheartening. 

Thanks to Jalex for the Reverb link to another incomplete guitar with an included Humidipak, though that one does have its sound hole label, which is far more important. I imagine NG only signed so many, but hopefully a few extras for cases like mine. I'm going to ask the seller if he bought his guitar from GC. It's strangely comforting to know I'm not the only one with similar issues. Thanks to BoSoxBiker too for the insight. 

I've filed a claim with Gibson a few days ago as well. Hopefully they'll reach out to me eventually, though they have not yet. I do want to thank Orchid again, he's been nothing but helpful even after bearing the brunt of some of my frustration.

In the end, it boils down to whether Gibson and/or GC is able to deliver me the guitar I actually paid for before my 45-day return window closes. If not, there's no option but to return it. 

Quick update, I just spoke with someone at Gibson customer service directly who was very helpful. I also spoke with the Reverb seller. 

Gibson rep says after 20+ years at Gibson, he's seen it all. He says a guitar going out without a sound hole label is rare, but it happens. He thinks Gibson probably ran out of the NG specific materials towards the end of the run and just started shipping guitars without them so they aren't piling up in the warehouse. This is also likely the cause of the shipping delays Orchid mentioned earlier.

He said Guitar Center should have made me aware that these items weren't included, but would be sent to me ASAP when they come available. Anyway, he tells me that he'll make sure I receive all three items I'm missing and he verified the serial number of my guitar for the label. He's the first person who's said that with any real confidence, so I'm hopeful. 

Meanwhile, the Reverb seller with the missing items said his guitar came from Sweetwater and his rep there DID alert him to the missing items and that they would arrive in 7-10 days. He's been waiting 7 days, currently. But his guitar does have the all-important sound hole label already.

This makes me feel that GC is either clueless or simply dropped the ball on letting me know about the missing bits. I was implored not to return my guitar as I'll likely never find a replacement at MSRP, which I believe to be true. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RJ80 said:

Quick update, I just spoke with someone at Gibson customer service directly who was very helpful. I also spoke with the Reverb seller. 

Gibson rep says after 20+ years at Gibson, he's seen it all. He says a guitar going out without a sound hole label is rare, but it happens. He thinks Gibson probably ran out of the NG specific materials towards the end of the run and just started shipping guitars without them so they aren't piling up in the warehouse. This is also likely the cause of the shipping delays Orchid mentioned earlier.

He said Guitar Center should have made me aware that these items weren't included, but would be sent to me ASAP when they come available. Anyway, he tells me that he'll make sure I receive all three items I'm missing and he verified the serial number of my guitar for the label. He's the first person who's said that with any real confidence, so I'm hopeful. 

Meanwhile, the Reverb seller with the missing items said his guitar came from Sweetwater and his rep there DID alert him to the missing items and that they would arrive in 7-10 days. He's been waiting 7 days, currently. But his guitar does have the all-important sound hole label already.

This makes me feel that GC is either clueless or simply dropped the ball on letting me know about the missing bits. I was implored not to return my guitar as I'll likely never find a replacement at MSRP, which I believe to be true. 

This is positive news!  I was cc'd on an email from Gibson to GC CS that your "case candy" as they called it would ship from Gibson to the GC facility where your guitar shipped from, then be sent to you. We really just need the sound hole sticker sorted out. But if Gibson is aware and seems to be working to resolve it, that really is ideal. 

I don't disagree about the GC experience you have gotten or how you feel as a result.  I plan on sharing this thread link with many people once all the dust settles and everyone is squared away.  Though I technically work for Music & Arts, our enterprise can learn a lot from your experiences. We can do better. 

I'll also DM you with a little more info, shortly.  So glad Gibson got back with you.

Thanks!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Orchid121480 said:

This is positive news!  I was cc'd on an email from Gibson to GC CS that your "case candy" as they called it would ship from Gibson to the GC facility where your guitar shipped from, then be sent to you. We really just need the sound hole sticker sorted out. But if Gibson is aware and seems to be working to resolve it, that really is ideal. 

I don't disagree about the GC experience you have gotten or how you feel as a result.  I plan on sharing this thread link with many people once all the dust settles and everyone is squared away.  Though I technically work for Music & Arts, our enterprise can learn a lot from your experiences. We can do better. 

I'll also DM you with a little more info, shortly.  So glad Gibson got back with you.

Thanks!

Thank you very much, you've been very helpful throughout and have gone above and beyond. 

• Thanks 1