Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?


Recommended Posts

All, I’ve followed the search for this guitar since it was teased back in March.  I reached out to a Gibson rep on the day the teaser video was released and the Rep told me to reach out to a dealer which I did, I usually buy my guitars through Guitar Center but twice I called since March to be told they could not order since it was not in their system.  I finally spoke with a rep from Guitar Center in late May who went out of his way to track down the item number and placed a preorder for the Guitar,  I don’t think this guarantees me a guitar but I’ve placed the preorder with payment and have the confirmation of my preorder and now I’m just crossing my fingers I actually get one, time will tell.  I wish everybody luck in their search for this guitar!  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, cunningham26 said:

Sorry to hear JC but glad you've got another one in mind. I think I'll personally wait on a Richard Ashcroft J200 in blonde! 

That would be beautiful.

He has several of them but the blondes seem to be his favorites. 
 

I wonder if Gibson sees there is overwhelming demand for more NG J 150’s would they  release a second run ?

JC

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

That would be beautiful.

He has several of them but the blondes seem to be his favorites. 
 

I wonder if Gibson sees there is overwhelming demand for more NG J 150’s would they  release a second run ?

JC

 

 

Juan. Were these a Europe release only?  I didnt see any listed here in Canada   .  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its Gibson endless game of special run stuff.  A select few lucky enough want them will happen to get one. You will be able to get one on Reverb in a bit when the price gougers what to flip theirs. But your gonna have to pay the piper.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, slimt said:

Juan. Were these a Europe release only?  I didnt see any listed here in Canada   .  

S,
Nope . 
 

They were released worldwide.

But I guess they were all allocated in different quantities depending on the country (only 200 made).Gibson never gave any details and I guess only those who contacted their dealers in the days following the release of the YouTube video snagged them all up.

You haven’t heard anything in Canada about them because honestly no one has .

I posted an article last year about NG dropping a hint about the model with Guitar Magazine … so I was waiting since then to hear details .They released a teaser video a few months back and said it would be available in June . Come June  several people are finding out they have been sold out for months !!!  It’s insane but I guess I’m to blame for striking out since I didn’t think this was going to be a limited edition .

 

 

JC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

S,
Nope . 
 

They were released worldwide.

But I guess they were all allocated in different quantities depending on the country (only 200 made).Gibson never gave any details and I guess only those who contacted their dealers in the days following the release of the YouTube video snagged them all up.

You haven’t heard anything in Canada about them because honestly no one has .

I posted an article last year about NG dropping a hint about the model with Guitar Magazine … so I was waiting since then to hear details .They released a teaser video a few months back and said it would be available in June . Come June  several people are finding out they have been sold out for months !!!  It’s insane but I guess I’m to blame for striking out since I didn’t think this was going to be a limited edition .

 

 

JC

Hmm.  Well since the first batch was presold.  Chances are there could be another Run of those.  When , is another question.     Hope you get what your after.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Michaelcola said:

I was told there are only 200 made. Is that on par with all Gibson artist guitars? I don’t wanna miss out but if I can buy it later in the year it would be a lot better for me. 

My one and only Artist model, a Love Dove,  is one of 50, IIRC. I've seen some others as low as 40. My approach changed as soon as someone told me it was limited. I didn't know that until hours before I jumped on one of two new ones left in the country.

The irony is, the place I got it from had a video out on mine for almost a year that I watched several times. They clearly stated that it was a limited edition. I lucked out a few different ways around on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Michaelcola said:

I was told there are only 200 made. Is that on par with all Gibson artist guitars? I don’t wanna miss out but if I can buy it later in the year it would be a lot better for me. 

Apparently they are all sold out .

There might be a few who were ordered by dealers and aren’t sold to a person but as I understand it most (if not all) of them were preordered by people .

 

I hope you get lucky !

 

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, golfski said:

Going to try this again 🙂 as I am looking for specifics if someone has them.  What are the exact differences you would expect from the current production SJ-200 Standard and this NG J-150.  It was noted above that the J-150 is the same minus 50 good things, but besides headstock and neck binding, what else is its missing?  

Gibson Noel Gallagher J-150; acoustic steel guitar; signature; J-150 Jumbo bodyshape; top sitka spruce solid; back and sides AA flame maple solid; binding 5 ply; neck 2 pcs.maple with walnut stringer; slim J-150 profile; rosewood (Dalbergia Latifolia) fretboard; nut width 42,85mm (1.687"); scale 648mm (25,5"); 20 frets; fretboard inlays MoP pearl graduated crwons; pickup LR Baggs anthem system; bridge two bar SJ-200 moustache, rosewood (Dalbergia Latifolia); gold plated hardware; finish vintage sunburst; incl. case; made in USA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

I also posted an image of the spec sheet on page 2. 
 

like someone else said, SJ-200 minus 50 good things? I can see 2 with neck and headstock binding. What are the other 48 things? 🤔

That was obviously a joke from the poster.

200-50 = 150 .

 

The only real differences are like you said no neck /headstock binding , And  the maple was less figured ,2A instead of 3A maple .


 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

as long as your are not the same diminutive frame of Noel, a j200 should look proportionally correct. he's a little man!

He is supposedly going to tour and do all Oasis songs, for people that liked that band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got crazy today and bought one of the Noel J-150’s from Fuller’s!   Had to pay upfront, it will be here in a couple weeks!

I talked to a friend who is a Gibson rep here in TX.  He said its limited to 200 total.  100 will be sold in the USA and 100 everywhere else in the world.  UK only getting about a dozen!!

There are just two stores getting one in Texas, the other being Tone Guitars in Dallas but I called them and someone already paid for it back in April.  I’m lucky to have gotten one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meanstreak said:

I got crazy today and bought one of the Noel J-150’s from Fuller’s!   Had to pay upfront, it will be here in a couple weeks!

I talked to a friend who is a Gibson rep here in TX.  He said its limited to 200 total.  100 will be sold in the USA and 100 everywhere else in the world.  UK only getting about a dozen!!

There are just two stores getting one in Texas, the other being Tone Guitars in Dallas but I called them and someone already paid for it back in April.  I’m lucky to have gotten one!

MS,

If you don’t mind me asking , how far in advance did you ask about the guitar ?

 

JC

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine yesterday at the Musicstore in Cologne Germany. They had two in stock, the second one had already been sold 2 hrs after I got mine. Just called them yesterday and was extremly Lucky. Thomann had three aswell, but they are sold already.

 

 

WHAT A BEAUTY!!! And the sound: WOW! Torally worth the money if you ask an Oasis-Diehard fan😉 Just love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine yesterday at the Musicstore in Cologne Germany. They had two in stock, the second one had already been sold 2 hrs after I got mine. Just called them yesterday and was extremly lucky. I live nearby so I just went there, tested it and bought it. Thomann had three aswell, but they are sold already.

Price: 4.299€

 

WHAT A BEAUTY!!! And the sound: WOW! Torally worth the money if you ask an Oasis-Diehard fan😉 Just love it.

 

Edited by Storche Be
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

MS,

If you don’t mind me asking , how far in advance did you ask about the guitar ?

 

JC

June 4th, so just about two weeks now.  I called the dealer and it was still available, then mulled it over for a week before calling today and making the deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, meanstreak said:

June 4th, so just about two weeks now.  I called the dealer and it was still available, then mulled it over for a week before calling today and making the deal.

Congratulations!  I'm jealous.  Would love to grab one of these.  How much did it end up costing?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...