Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

BTW, of the 200 made, GC got 20 total... 8 went to select stores in the US, 12 to the distribution center in Kansas City for web order distribution.  I am a director of sales for their enterprise and even I couldn't get any help on this guitar.  Had to hit the refresh button just like yall.   VERY high demand.  Will sell out today.  Good luck out there!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Orchid121480 said:

BTW, of the 200 made, GC got 20 total... 8 went to select stores in the US, 12 to the distribution center in Kansas City for web order distribution.  I am a director of sales for their enterprise and even I couldn't get any help on this guitar.  Had to hit the refresh button just like yall.   VERY high demand.  Will sell out today.  Good luck out there!

Thanks for the info, hoping my preorder is one that is making its way or has made its way to KC for web order distribution.  I wonder if 8 went to stores because there were only 12 preorders?  

Edited by depechebaseball
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Orchid121480 said:

These went up on the GC website at 9pm PDT and still seem to be available. 

Hi.  When you saw the listing at 9pm PDT, did it have a "Reserve Now" order button but say "This item is backordered but is available to reserve now. " ?  That is what it reads currently at 4:30am EST.  Wondering if this was always the status or it changed from earlier.  Thanks!

Edited by fanofzs

5 hours ago, depechebaseball said:

Thanks for the info, hoping my preorder is one that is making its way or has made its way to KC for web order distribution.  I wonder if 8 went to stores because there were only 12 preorders? 

The 8/12 decision was made months ago, before anyone started calling around to secure them and long before any preordering was possible.

1 hour ago, fanofzs said:

Hi.  When you saw the listing at 9pm PDT, did it have a "Reserve Now" order button but say "This item is backordered but is available to reserve now. " ?  That is what it reads currently at 4:30am EST.  Wondering if this was always the status or it changed from earlier.  Thanks!

That's what the message was at 9pm PDT.  This morning I'm going to contact our folks at the office to see how many orders have been placed and if there are any left for customers.  I'm sort of surprised that all 12 aren't already gone, TBH.

37 minutes ago, Orchid121480 said:

The 8/12 decision was made months ago, before anyone started calling around to secure them and long before any preordering was possible.

Gotcha,  I would think Guitar Center would honor the preorders first based on the first come first serve method based on the allotment received, crossing my fingers.  I reached out to my SA to see if there are any updates on his end.  

Well I think I've managed to secure one from from musicians friend. Thankfully I was working nightshift last night so was lucky enough to see them right when they showed up on the site. Fingers crossed it goes through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orchid121480 said:

That's what the message was at 9pm PDT.  This morning I'm going to contact our folks at the office to see how many orders have been placed and if there are any left for customers.  I'm sort of surprised that all 12 aren't already gone, TBH.

Thanks for doing that.  So you're thinking the Reserve/Backorder button will change to a Sold Out immediately when quantity met?

2 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

The full video was hard to watch knowing you can’t get one.

I’m stoked for all 200 lucky people who are going to own one!

JC

As much GAS as you've initiated by posting videos galore, you'd think a Gibson Rep would be all over this and trying to locate one for you.  😎  (sans discount, of course....)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BoSoxBiker said:

As much GAS as you've initiated by posting videos galore, you'd think a Gibson Rep would be all over this and trying to locate one for you.  😎  (sans discount, of course....)

I tried a few weeks ago . They said no lefties were produced and the run was sold out .

but i appreciate your kind words .

You never know if they might do a second 200 piece run of his blonde J 150 !

JC

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BoSoxBiker said:

JCV - I forgot about that added complication. I could do a variation of the bad-parenting line. "Couldn't you try to NOT be left handed?"  😁

No ,

Unfortunately… I’m Paul McCartney grade left handed where my sense of rhythm is in my left hand  and not Noel Gallagher grade left handed who was able to learn the other way around .

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fanofzs said:

Thanks for doing that.  So you're thinking the Reserve/Backorder button will change to a Sold Out immediately when quantity met?

I honestly don't know.  I've seen the internal screen with all of the orders placed and we are definitely at our 12.  What happens once the allotment is met, I don't know.

Happy to point folks in the right direction of CS if necessary. DM me if that's the case.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

No ,

Unfortunately… I’m Paul McCartney grade left handed where my sense of rhythm is in my left hand  and not Noel Gallagher grade left handed who was able to learn the other way around .

JC

I was kidding, of course. 🙂  

20 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

No ,

JC

•  
  • Members
  • 4 posts

have you actually searched for it? I called all the retailers listed on the Gibson website last Friday and found one who had one for me. Also, this morning you could still order it on the Gibson website, in Europe there were also dealers who still had some as of this morning...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orchid121480 said:

I honestly don't know.  I've seen the internal screen with all of the orders placed and we are definitely at our 12.  What happens once the allotment is met, I don't know.

Happy to point folks in the right direction of CS if necessary. DM me if that's the case.

Good luck!

If you try to check out NOW on Guitar Center with the Reserve button, it won't add it to your cart.  I was able to check out and get an order number at 4:30am EST.  Maybe I reserved one successfully??  Can you see the 12 order numbers on the internal screen?  Thanks

BIG thanks to Orchid for the notice of GC availability last night. I've been following this guitar for a long time now, already own a blonde J-150 after failing to find a sunburst example after years of searching. I've been reading the updates on this forum after Gibson has provided very little info beyond the "June 2021" release mention. Saw June 21 was the date here, but after checking all day, wasn't able to find it available with any of the usual distributors. 

As I was heading to bed, I decided to search one more time. Happened across Orchid's post from a half-hour prior about GC availability and sure enough, there it was. With just 200 made and a signed label, I had to pull the trigger and was fortunate to have my order confirmed by GC in email, supposedly shipping soon. Had I not looked once more and seen Orchid's post, I would have been out of luck. 

I've been playing guitar since school years over two decades ago and Oasis/NG have been hugely influential to me. Have been to many Oasis and NGHFB shows, including a special acoustic-only show with Noel and Gem in LA where this guitar was played. Have been through several Epiphone EJ-200s through the years, once all I could afford. Then, my used blonde J-150. Now, feeling fortunate to have the ability to own the guitar I've wanted for a long, long while.

Best of luck to everyone still looking for an allocation, my brother just canceled his from GC after deciding its a bit too dear at the moment, so possibly one is now available. Though, I don't even see the model listed on GC's website anymore. 

Edited by RJ80
  • Like 1