Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

1 hour ago, RJ80 said:

BIG thanks to Orchid for the notice of GC availability last night. I've been following this guitar for a long time now, already own a blonde J-150 after failing to find a sunburst example after years of searching. I've been reading the updates on this forum after Gibson has provided very little info beyond the "June 2021" release mention. Saw June 21 was the date here, but after checking all day, wasn't able to find it available with any of the usual distributors. 

As I was heading to bed, I decided to search one more time. Happened across Orchid's post from a half-hour prior about GC availability and sure enough, there it was. With just 200 made and a signed label, I had to pull the trigger and was fortunate to have my order confirmed by GC in email, supposedly shipping soon. Had I not looked once more and seen Orchid's post, I would have been out of luck. 

I've been playing guitar since school years over two decades ago and Oasis/NG have been hugely influential to me. Have been to many Oasis and NGHFB shows, including a special acoustic-only show with Noel and Gem in LA where this guitar was played. Have been through several Epiphone EJ-200s through the years, once all I could afford. Then, my used blonde J-150. Now, feeling fortunate to have the ability to own the guitar I've wanted for a long, long while.

Best of luck to everyone still looking for an allocation, my brother just canceled his from GC after deciding its a bit too dear at the moment, so possibly one is now available. Though, I don't even see the model listed on GC's website anymore. 

Also someone might want to try and take Agnesi’s suggestion of calling the Gibson Garage in Nashville  , number :

615-933-6000 

JC

• Like 1

Gibson knows you acoustic guys want this model. You should not have to jump through hoops just to get a guitar. Especially when people are willing to pay the high price they are charging for it. They should make enough for those who want them. Here is an idea Gibson announce you are going to make this model and take orders for it and establish a cut off date that if its not ordered by then you won't be getting one or have to wait for a used one to come available or after that you have to pay more money for the Custom Shop to make you one. Then if 2673 (just a number I randomly typed) people pre-order them that is how many they make and ship.

Like I said before its Gibson's game of limited runs where they dangle the carrot in front of your face just out of reach. And a lucky few who what them get one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson knows you acoustic guys want this model. You should not have to jump through hoops just to get a guitar. Especially when people are willing to pay the high price they are charging for it. They should make enough for those who want them. Here is an idea Gibson announce you are going to make this model and take orders for it and establish a cut off date that if its not ordered by then you won't be getting one or have to wait for a used one to come available or after that you have to pay more money for the Custom Shop to make you one. Then if 2673 (just a number I randomly typed) per-order them that is how many they make and ship.

Like I said before its Gibson's game of limited runs where they dangle the carrot in front of your face just out of reach. And a lucky few who what them get one.

I wonder if they will gain some flexibility with the factory expansion?

On 6/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson knows you acoustic guys want this model. You should not have to jump through hoops just to get a guitar. Especially when people are willing to pay the high price they are charging for it. They should make enough for those who want them. Here is an idea Gibson announce you are going to make this model and take orders for it and establish a cut off date that if its not ordered by then you won't be getting one or have to wait for a used one to come available or after that you have to pay more money for the Custom Shop to make you one. Then if 2673 (just a number I randomly typed) people pre-order them that is how many they make and ship.

Martin does the same thing,  It's called  "Marketing"  :  

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-special-editions/D-42-Purple-Martin.html

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Martin does the same thing,  It's called  "Marketing"  :  

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-special-editions/D-42-Purple-Martin.html

I know. I have never had an interest in anything other than Martins standard series of guitars and would never pay 12k for that thing with flowery pick guard and fretboard. Even the David Gilmore D-35's are lame. They are made out of Sinker Mahogany. Just like Gibson can call what ever iteration of a J-45 a J-45 I guess Martin can to, but a D-35 is RW back and sides, and has a 3 piece back. Just like to the J-45 guys its Hog back and sides.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

JCV, I really enjoy that company's demos. They have sealed the deal for Wildwood twice and Music Villa once, and that was just me.

This one illustrate just how easy it is to get into the moment on the 'ol SJ-XX0. That guitar hasn't even opened up yet. Sweet!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slimt said:

Out of curiosity.   Is that the only song that uses the J150?   I dont listen to Oasis.  

I once knew someone who was nuts for Oasis … and I can tell you that was NG’s main acoustic since he purchased it until Oasis split up. He also had a Ronnie Wood signature J 200 as his other acoustic .

If you want to see him playing the J 150  here’s a performance done in Japan in 2006:

JC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

I once knew someone who was nuts for Oasis … and I can tell you that was NG’s main acoustic since he purchased it until Oasis split up. He also had a Ronnie Wood signature J 200 as his other acoustic .

If you want to see him playing the J 150  here’s a performance done in Japan in 2006:

JC

Thank you.  

13 hours ago, slimt said:

Out of curiosity.   Is that the only song that uses the J150?   I dont listen to Oasis.  

I think that's the only song Gibson got license to use, so I think they felt like they'd get through youtube's restrictions on copyrighted material use. The other video JC posted had someone comment that they were basically making oasis noises that weren't quite oasis songs haha

• Like 2

To all that were lucky enough to get one: how do you like it? I picked up mine yesterday and it's really beautiful and it sounds amazing. I'm an average player and I don't know much about guitars but I didn't expect it to be so good. It plays really good and as I said it sounds great, the typical oasis/NG acoustic sound

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Great Wok said:

To all that were lucky enough to get one: how do you like it? I picked up mine yesterday and it's really beautiful and it sounds amazing. I'm an average player and I don't know much about guitars but I didn't expect it to be so good. It plays really good and as I said it sounds great, the typical oasis/NG acoustic sound

For over 4 Grand it better be better than good, It better be spectacular.

GC inventory update:

All guitars for the web sales distribution should be in stock by July 5 and ship immediately after.  A few have already arrived and are in the mail.  I'm told that even though I was unlucky #13 in the ordering line on the day of, 3 orders have been cancelled since and now I'm in the club! 

I should have the final list of order#'s with shipments (either made or pending that last delivery) on Monday. I'll get those details first,  then ping those of you I have spoken to privately to confirm those orders/shipments have happened.

Exciting days ahead! We're almost there! I can hear Don't Look Back In Anger on it already. 😊

#ilivemylifeforthestarsthatshine

Nice one Orchid!

In other new, across the pond. The shop in Germany I ordered from let me know this morning that my guitar had arrived. I paid the rest off and it should be getting to me next week some time. Beyond excited. I grew up near Manchester and I just had my 40th earlier this year. After the sh1t show that was last year, I decided to treat myself.

I've owned a few Fenders and Epi's in the past but a Gibson was always out of my reach. When the Chiefs signature guitar was announced, I knew it was meant to be 😄 I see it as an 'end game' as far as acoustics go. (will most definitely continue to buy electrics though ;))

#theresnoeasywayout

15 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

some of us like to have a little fun from time to time

#stayyoung

#iliketohavefunallthetime

You should have done

#foreveryoung

since it’s a Dylan song 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Agree, Huge thanks to Orchid for the inside scoop!

I think I am one of those lucky people with ones on the way, I got an email saying mine was shipped out to the store and provided a UPS tracking number, so it sounds like it will be here mid-next week.  Now I just have to figure out how to get it because I am going to be 1000 miles away!!!!

25 minutes ago, RJ80 said:

Thanks, Orchid!

Why the snark, Sgt. Pepper? Those of us who worked hard to afford these guitars have every right to be excited. 

ROFLMAO!!!!

This is funny. Welcome to my world. Old man asks a question. Young man answers. Old man tries to play along, but does it wrong and then everyone looks at him like he found a whole new original sin. <sigh> but usually I am the old man in this scenario. I still am because....

#Itostilldonnotknowwhatthisthingisallaboutandwaswaitingwithbatedbreath

Rock and roll!!!!! 

(btw - congrats to everyone - getting an sj-xx0 is priceless)

31 minutes ago, RJ80 said:

Thanks, Orchid!

Why the snark, Sgt. Pepper? Those of us who worked hard to afford these guitars have every right to be excited. 

No snark I just wanted to know what the deal is with #. Damn any one got a sense of humor?