Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

28 minutes ago, golfski said:

Agree, Huge thanks to Orchid for the inside scoop!

I think I am one of those lucky people with ones on the way, I got an email saying mine was shipped out to the store and provided a UPS tracking number, so it sounds like it will be here mid-next week.  Now I just have to figure out how to get it because I am going to be 1000 miles away!!!!

Can’t they hold it at the store for you since you paid for it?

… I’ve read about at least 3 or 4 left handed people in different places on social media who were trying to get a lefty NG J 150.

And I’ve read even more comments about people who wanted one but couldn’t get one because they were technically all sold out . I hope these cancelled orders don’t turn up in some warehouse forgotten.

I’ve been heartbroken ever since I got the email saying they were beyond my reach .

Admittedly I waited because the finish made it look like it had a torrified top and that’s a “no no” for me on maple. But I also didn’t think these would be limited .I was waiting because there was no info anywhere. I shouldn’t have and I regret it very much .

Even though I am not really a huge fan of Oasis this guitar was important for me for personal reasons … and I hope they go to 200 homes that will appreciate them .

JC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh yes, they will most certainly hold it for me...I don't think I can hold me from it 🙂.  

Luckily I live in a no tax state - but it might cost me a few $ to ship it to where I'll be for a while.  I'm purposely not bringing an acoustic because I don't want to have to bring two back, so now I have to have it shipped to me 🙂 

Picked mine up today on my lunch break, literally only had time to pick it up inspect It and take it home.  I’m a little bummed as the signed serial number sticker on the inside lost its adhesive and has peeled up.  Tried to push it back down but the adhesive is shot.  I’m literally still at work and haven’t had time to play it yet.  If anybody has any tips on how to get the sticker to stay down I’m all ears.  I hate to mess with it too much.  I should have time to play it tomorrow.  Congrats to everybody who Has located one In the last couple days.  

Edited by depechebaseball
  • Sad 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:20 PM, depechebaseball said:

Picked mine up today on my lunch break, literally only had time to pick it up inspect It and take it home.  I’m a little bummed as the signed serial number sticker on the inside lost its adhesive and has peeled up.  Tried to push it back down but the adhesive is shot.  I’m literally still at work and haven’t had time to play it yet.  If anybody has any tips on how to get the sticker to stay down I’m all ears.  I hate to mess with it too much.  I should have time to play it tomorrow.  Congrats to everybody who Has located one In the last couple days.  

Probably just use regulars Elmer's glue or maybe Titebond or any wood glue, Gorilla Glue. I'm sure anything is good except never use super glue near a guitar. One mistake with that and it will all be over but the crying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Probably just use regulars Elmer's glue or maybe Titebond or any wood glue, Gorilla Glue. I'm sure anything is good except never use super glue near a guitar. One mistake with that and it will all be over but the crying. 

Thanks so much, I spoke to an authorized Gibson repair man in town yesterday and he said the same thing.  I’ll most likely go with wood glue.  A very very thin strip of it to not affect the look of the paper if I can help it.  BTW, the guitar sounds absolutely amazing!  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

You would have had to selected in-store pickup at the time of the order, unless you call CS now and request the shipping method be changed.

1 hour ago, CodenameMAT said:

And someones already flipping one on Reverb. Asking for double the RRP.

I'm not linking it because I honestly think it's disgusting. 🤬

Yeah I saw that also. Funny there is a thread on the AGF about this guitar. Lots of the usual negative comments about Gibson and signature models in general, people are idiots for buying them etc. I did reply to this  AGF post that these would sell for a premium in the used market. 

Edited by Jalex
  • Like 1

And someones already flipping one on Reverb. Asking for double the RRP.

I'm not linking it because I honestly think it's disgusting. 🤬

Its $8400 and in the country I was stationed in when I was in the US Navy, Japan.

1 hour ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

Insane !!

I wish people from Gibson still frequented this board so they could realize this .

Oh Well !

JC

I'm not surprised, what I am surprised about it that is so far that is the only one we have seen. I knew it would be coming as soon as people started getting theirs. Gibson causes this problem cause you guys want them and they don't make enough. So I am sure people, like back in the day when we had ticket scalpers, are making money off what other want and didn't get to buy. There will be more for sale that I am sure of.

You never hear of any Gibson employees chiming in here. I wonder if they are told not to. Or they see so many damn guitars all day at work they don't give a rip about talking about them.

Some one should hit Buy It and not pay the guy and just let it sit there for a few days. What is Reverb going to do send the Guitar Payment Collection Police to your house and demand payment?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm not surprised, what I am surprised about it that is so far that is the only one we have seen. I knew it would be coming as soon as people started getting theirs. Gibson causes this problem cause you guys want them and they don't make enough. So I am sure people, like back in the day when we had ticket scalpers, are making money off what other want and didn't get to buy. There will be more for sale that I am sure of.

You never hear of any Gibson employees chiming in here. I wonder if they are told not to. Or they see so many damn guitars all day at work they don't give a rip about talking about them.

Some one should hit Buy It and not pay the guy and just let it sit there for a few days. What is Reverb going to do send the Guitar Payment Collection Police to your house and demand payment?

One on Reverb Japan. 11k cdn   

5 minutes ago, slimt said:

One on Reverb Japan. 11k cdn

Yeah it's the same one.

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Some one should hit Buy It and not pay the guy and just let it sit there for a few days.

That'll just earn you a ban from Reverb. Not really worth it, imo.

Of course, it's no surprise that the 'scalpers' are crawling out of the woodwork. Whether it's Limited Edition guitars, Adidas trainers or GPUs, it's going to happen one way or another. It's just always a bit sad when you see it.

4 minutes ago, CodenameMAT said:

Yeah it's the same one.

That'll just earn you a ban from Reverb. Not really worth it, imo.

Of course, it's no surprise that the 'scalpers' are crawling out of the woodwork. Whether it's Limited Edition guitars, Adidas trainers or GPUs, it's going to happen one way or another. It's just always a bit sad when you see it.

Even sadder that someone is actually willing to pay the asking price.

ahh. It's one thing to ask for double the RRP, it's another thing that someone actually pays it. We'll see, I suppose.

Guitars in Japan are crazy priced.   But they do sell.  Where is another question .   

Keep in mind, this guitar in places like Europe and the U.K. is already about $1k more expensive than it is in the U.S. Whatever the market will bear... if you missed out and are happy to pay a premium to secure one, more power to you. 

GC has authorized my payment on Friday, but still hasn't shipped my guitar. I'll continue to be patient : ) Too hot here in the PNW at the moment to play much, anyway.

I wonder if the lifted label issue has affected any other guitars? Could it be due to massive heat during shipment which weakened the adhesive? Rather than fix myself, I'd ask Gibson for its closest authorized repair facility and ask for it to be re-glued under warranty. Given that it's a signed label for a limited guitar, wouldn't want to take the chance of making it look pasted-on non professionally or like a faux NG edition. Let's face it, we're paying a good amount for that label.