Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, CodenameMAT said:

I must be misremembering something. A couple of months ago I’m sure I saw an SJ-200 Studio that was, for all intents and purposes, a J-150. I can’t find it on the Gibson site any more. Am I going crazy? 😁

Looks like you weren't misremembering 😉

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/SJ-200-Studio-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Jalex said:

That’s the old studio line from at least 10 years ago … that line is very different from the current studio line which features walnut and a thinner body .

Notice it doesn’t have the birds beak like the J 150 did .Grover tuners no design on the guard 

 

Here’s one in action:

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BoSoxBiker said:

That GC one, while it is a studio and all, does not have that 4 MOP bridge like the NG did. Just an initial glance. not saying it's worth $1600 difference or anything. Just point that bit out.

Noel’s 4 bar model is  a Ronnie Wood J 200 . His J 150 is a 2 bar .

 

The GC studio is from the old line of studios  nothing like the newer studios.

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GC inventory update...

Still waiting for the remaining 8 guitars ordered online to arrive in Nashville from Gibson Montana. ETA is 7/4, but since that's a Sunday, it will almost certainly be a day or two before or the day or two after.  Should have specifics shortly.

I have all of the account #s and names of those 8 folks (mine included!) and can privately confirm with anyone. DM me!

Thanks y'all!  

#mrsifter #thesinkisfulloffishes #rkid

Edited by Orchid121480
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Orchid121480 said:

I have all of the account #s and names of those 8 folks (mine included!) and can privately confirm with anyone. DM me!

Doing the lords work mate. Nice one.

According to tracking, mine will be with me tomorrow.

#SoSallyCanWait (but I can't)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok then Gibson don’t make any more cause I guess I was wrong and I’ve been told I am an idiot for suggesting it. Can’t win with you guys. Go buy a SJ-200 and forget about the Noel model if you didn’t get one of the 5 they made.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

 

Doing the lords work mate. Nice one.

According to tracking, mine will be with me tomorrow.

#SoSallyCanWait (but I can't)

 

Nice!  Mine is stuck sitting in a UPS container, I’m in PNW and the heat has caused a pileup I guess.  I don’t like my chances before the holiday weekend 😢 

So, Sally’s not the only one waiting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CodenameMAT said:

And here it is ❤️❤️❤️ 

fV0SYJX.png

Blown away. Looks and sound amazing and smells like vanilla (Never owned a Gibson before so didn't know they all smell like that)

#SomeMightSayTheyDontBelieveInNitro 😉

Wow, congratulations what a beauty. I'm still waiting to get a shipping notification for mine. This has me salivating🤤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GC inventory update...

We have a delay in shipping until likely late July as we are still waiting for the 8 remaining guitars to arrive to our KCDC distribution center from Gibson Montana.  Has nothing to do with manufacturing, defects, issues with the instrument, nothing at all like that.  They just aren't ready to ship.  😕 My people will keep me updated as things progress.  Next update will probably be in a couple of weeks.

Sorry everyone!  

#hunginabadplace  #sittinghereinsilence #onmyown

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

And here it is ❤️❤️❤️ 

fV0SYJX.png

Blown away. Looks and sound amazing and smells like vanilla (Never owned a Gibson before so didn't know they all smell like that)

#SomeMightSayTheyDontBelieveInNitro 😉

Got to love everything about that one. Congratulations on a gorgeous guitar. That case ain’t to shabby either. Very, very nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Paul14 said:

Got to love everything about that one. Congratulations on a gorgeous guitar. That case ain’t to shabby either. Very, very nice.

I was admiring that one, too. Far better looking than the one I got with my Historic Collection SJ-200 Pre-War. I ended up buying a used SJ-200 case for it due to functionality reasons. (latches, fitment, etc.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RJ80 said:

Two more available on Reverb, both over $8k. I feel like the number of people willing to pay this much must be very, very small. We'll see if they sell. 

https://reverb.com/item/41669027-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-2021-vintage-sunburst

https://reverb.com/item/41670009-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-acoustic-guitar-2021-vintage-sunburst-vos

Well both listings have a few watchers. Not saying they will sell for the asking price but certainly they will sell for considerably more than original price. I reckon Gibson could've priced these models a lot higher and they still would've sold all 200 no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RJ80 said:

Two more available on Reverb, both over $8k. I feel like the number of people willing to pay this much must be very, very small. We'll see if they sell. 

https://reverb.com/item/41669027-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-2021-vintage-sunburst

https://reverb.com/item/41670009-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-acoustic-guitar-2021-vintage-sunburst-vos

So, that makes me wonder. Did they get these on pure speculation of a shortage, get lucky right as folks were talking them up or did they see $$ in their eyes and get all flush with warmth? I'm not gonna side on what right or wrong or anything. I have my own shoes to worry about walking in.  It's just fascinating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RJ80 said:

Two more available on Reverb, both over $8k. I feel like the number of people willing to pay this much must be very, very small. We'll see if they sell. 

https://reverb.com/item/41669027-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-2021-vintage-sunburst

https://reverb.com/item/41670009-gibson-noel-gallagher-j-150-acoustic-guitar-2021-vintage-sunburst-vos

This is heartbreaking for me and I’m sure for others who wanted these guitars to play them .

 

It’s pretty obvious the sellers ordered these with full intention to resell …

 

Gibson screwed up big time .

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BoSoxBiker said:

So, that makes me wonder. Did they get these on pure speculation of a shortage, get lucky right as folks were talking them up or did they see $$ in their eyes and get all flush with warmth? I'm not gonna side on what right or wrong or anything. I have my own shoes to worry about walking in.  It's just fascinating.

Fascinating is the word.  I've been following this thread, & it's truly fascinating.  Never seen anything quite like this.  And I'm old!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, after a couple of days I'm absolutely in love 😄 

couple of super minor things:

Is it normal for the Gibson Acoustics to come with a relatively high action from the factory?

Inspection checklist says.

Action 12th L 5 H 3  1st L. 23 H. 16

I feel I could get that down another mm at least (I say 'me' I mean a guitar tech)

 

Second question, the serial number stamp and 'Made in the USA' on the back of the headstock are *very* lightly stamped. Barely visibile. Is that also normal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

So, after a couple of days I'm absolutely in love 😄 

couple of super minor things:

Is it normal for the Gibson Acoustics to come with a relatively high action from the factory?

Inspection checklist says.

Action 12th L 5 H 3  1st L. 23 H. 16

I feel I could get that down another mm at least (I say 'me' I mean a guitar tech)

 

Second question, the serial number stamp and 'Made in the USA' on the back of the headstock are *very* lightly stamped. Barely visibile. Is that also normal?

Did you verify those measurements? Learning to do so would be a good thing. It involves simple tools. A 6-inch machinist's ruler that show's 64ths of an inch and a set of feeler gauges. That way you can call your tech with the minimum, basic detail as well as your impressions. There's a 3rd measurement it would not hurt to learn how to take, and that's the neck relief. For tools, Add either a capo, a 3rd hand or a straight edge to your list of tools to get and you're all set. Loot at videos on Stewmac. Their tools tend to run a little pricey, but you can see how and what fairly decently. 

To now answer your question, I think I would suggest that it's lower than it used to be. It's easier to drop string height than it is to raise string height. Everyone's different, too. For me, the measurements listed are a pretty nice starting point. for some folks, that's as low as they will ever want to go. 

It was not too long ago that guitars were sold with action a little higher than that. I think .030" low-E was starting point for at least one of the big name builders. Three years ago, I was got 2 new acoustics and both were set up at 5.5/64 / 3.5/64 at the 12th. The more recent pair, it's 5/64 and 3/64. More suited to my tastes.

Be aware, too, that weather has a big influence on guitars. Here in the lower Mid-Atlantic region, our HVAC is pumping overtime due to high heat and humidity. My guitars play a little bit "stiffer" for me this time of year. Your tech can advise accordingly, of course, but do know that wherever you land in the next couple of weeks might be off come December as the drier air hits. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...