Gibson Brands Forums

The P-90

mihcmac

On 5/3/2021 at 11:52 PM, Larsongs said:

The 2nd best Guitar I ever owned I bought in a Pawn Shop in Wash. D.C. a really long time ago. I was a kid with no money.. I’d almost given up buying an Electric Guitar as I couldn’t afford any of them... As we were leaving the last Pawn Shop I spotted a Neck sticking up behind some stuff back in the corner... I asked, what’s that.. The Storekeeper said, it’s an old Guitar that’s pretty beat up. I asked to check it out.. I had no idea what it was but it played ok. I asked how much? He said, how much do you have? I said, $73.00. He said, that’s exactly how much it is! LOL, naive me.... Turned out to be a 50’s Gibson Les Paul Jr. with P90. It was one of the best sounding Guitars I’ve ever owned. But, once again I had no idea what I had.. I foolishly sold it a short time later for $100.00. Which went to buy a Vox Phantom 6 string.. That’s another story.....

I love Gretsch Guitars.. I have an older Korean G-5120 that is a great Guitar.. I paid about $400.00! I also have a Gretsch George Harrison Duo Jet that cost a bit more than that. I love that one too.. 

I think one of the coolest Guitars out right now is the Epi Wilshire  with P90’s... Awesome sounding, cool Vibe & $449.00....

Guitars at any price can be awesome... 

Our son bought a Vendetta black guitar from a pawn shop.  After a year, he gave it to me and then wanted it back after I set the whole thing up. He only paid $100.00 for the guitar. When I took the strings off, the whole thing fell all apart.  It was like a zig saw puzzle trying to figure out how it all went together again Lol.  I had to put nuts and and screws in and tighten everything up. Gorgeous sound though. It is so deep toned, like a bass. I'd like to have it back since he doesn't play anyway. I thought about hitting the pawn shops for guitars? Suppose if I did, I'd be bringing more guitars home? LOL. 

• Like 2