Gibson Brands Forums

EPI ES335 Pickup choice?

sjturbo

Looking at getting a ES335 for the Carlton/Ford sound.  The newer ones seem to come with either the Probuckers or the  alnico classic pro .And they all seem to have different grades of hardware and some also come with coil split. Coil split is something I would not likely use. I also  do not want to have to upgrade the hardware but the choice o pickups is important. I have listened to loads of ytube but would like to get some first hand input from owners. So of the two mentioned which get closer to the tone I have mentioned. Thanks in advance for your help.

45 minutes ago, sjturbo said:

Looking at getting a ES335 for the Carlton/Ford sound.  The newer ones seem to come with either the Probuckers or the  alnico classic pro .And they all seem to have different grades of hardware and some also come with coil split. Coil split is something I would not likely use. I also  do not want to have to upgrade the hardware but the choice o pickups is important. I have listened to loads of ytube but would like to get some first hand input from owners. So of the two mentioned which get closer to the tone I have mentioned. Thanks in advance for your help.

The new ES-335 released after 2020 1/2 use USA Alnico Classic PRO's and do not have coil tapping, they do have the new Epiphone 50's headstock and are built  closer to the Gibson ES spec using the Rounded C profile neck. The 335's produced in 2019 and back, some are available with coil tapping and Probuckers, also come with the larger headstock and the SlimTaper D profile neck, quite a few of these are still available new from retailers while supplies last.

ES-335 Pro

epiphone-es-335-pro-158993.jpg

The new ES-335

front-banner-1600_900.png