Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! Hummingbird IBG!

meanstreak

Love it, absolutely fantastic guitar!  It plays and sounds miles better than my old 1994 Epi Hummingbird.  I'm a STAUNCH gold hardware hater though so I'm thinking I'll swap out the tuning pegs and the strap button, maybe the entire pickup as well lol.

0F3A5169 - Copy.jpg

Edited by meanstreak

12 hours ago, meanstreak said:

It plays and sounds miles better than my old 1994 Epi Hummingbird. 

Major congrats, meanstreak!  Great looking Bird -- love the burst. 

Yeah, I've also found that higher-end guitars do indeed generally sound better than inexpensive ones.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, meanstreak said:

Love it, absolutely fantastic guitar!  It plays and sounds miles better than my old 1994 Epi Hummingbird.  I'm a STAUNCH gold hardware hater though so I'm thinking I'll swap out the tuning pegs and the strap button, maybe the entire pickup as well lol.

0F3A5169 - Copy.jpg

Great looking guitar! Have you had the chance to compare it with a Gibby bird yet? Wondering how you thiink they compare in the sound, tone and volume departments! thx

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ALD323 said:

Great looking guitar! Have you had the chance to compare it with a Gibby bird yet? Wondering how you thiink they compare in the sound, tone and volume departments! thx

Not the Hummingbird head-to-head as they didn't have a Gibson in stock, but I own a Gibson J-45 and they did have the new Epi IBG J-45 and I have to say it had me seriously considering selling the Gibson and buying that Epi.  I'd say the Epi was 95% as good a sound as the Gibson and played/felt identical. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

These are made in Indonesia same as my 2012 Epiphone EJ-200 pictured below and yes, I bought it new. Hard case is an optional extra.

You can notice the new re-designed shorter headstock on the new guitar.

hJ09npvl.jpg

Edited by Brucebubs

The new head stock is really nice and I love the tulip tuners too. The burst looks nice and even with very little run out. I wish I could find one locally to try out but they are no where to be found!

Edited by ALD323