Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Strap Button Placement??

Joe M

In lieu of drilling a hole in your heel, if you want to attach the headstock end of a strap to the headstock - here is an alternative to the shoelace:

https://www.martinguitar.com/gear-accessories/straps-other-accessories/18A0089.html       It's leather, with a double sided plastic button so you slide it under the strings above the nut and button it closed. There is a second level of button which you can then attach your strap to, if the strap has a hole like the Gibson strap above.   

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Joe M said:

Hmmm….here we go again with the anomalies of Gibson. Mine has a plain trc. 🙄

The HBird pictured in post 2 is a HBird Original, which is the exact one I posted a link of that has the TRC engraved, so where is the anomaly?

There are 8 different HBird model's on Gibson site.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Mine is a HB Original, just not Antique-Natural. I guess only the those with that finish got the Hummingbird TRC. 

Oh, wait, the pic on the site with the Heritage Cherry finish, which mine has, also has the engraved TRC. There’s the anomaly. 😆

Edited by Joe M

On 5/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, Joe M said:

Mine is a HB Original, just not Antique-Natural. I guess only the those with that finish got the Hummingbird TRC. 

Oh, wait, the pic on the site with the Heritage Cherry finish, which mine has, also has the engraved TRC. There’s the anomaly. 😆

The truss rod cover attacher person had one to many tokes at lunch and grabbed out of the wrong bin of covers.

On 5/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, Joe M said:

Twang Gang, just noticed that the TRC on your guitar has the word "Hummingbird" on it. Did it come this way from Gibson or did you add it yourself?

Yes, mine came from the factory with that truss rod cover.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The truss rod cover attacher person had one to many tokes at lunch and grabbed out of the wrong bin of covers.

Yup, probably the same goofus that put the strap button on the flat part of the neck heel. 🤪

15 minutes ago, kidblast said:

you're livin on the edge man  that's some fast and loose stuff you got goin on there..

Nah, I can top that….Elixirs on my Bird and D’Addarios on my Martin. 😂