Gibson Brands Forums

Stumbled across some "class photos" of my guitar

Mr.Woody

I don't remember how it happened, but the other night I found some pictures of my guitar on the Chicago Music Exchange website. I took a real close look at the top grain, but more so the bridge grain and it's for sure mine. I bought the guitar new in 2019, and this was the last one of the run they had in stock. I felt like a proud Papa who stumbled upon pictures of my kids that I hadn't seen before. 

Mine is the J-45 in the top left in this phot, and the left side in the next photo.

pf-dda9c662--LimitedMontana1.jpg?v=15889

pf-dd8c13ad--LimitedMontana5.jpg?v=15889

These were taken from this blog post from sometime late 2018/early 2019:

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/blogs/news/gibson-montana-limited-acoustic-guitars-at-chicago-music-exchange

I may email them and see if they have any other nice shots of it!!!

Anyone else ever have this happen?

• Like 1

I could pick my 1942 J50 out of any crowd.  Easy to do because when it was built one of the  book matched top pieces was accidentally flip flopped.  I am confused though - is this a guitar you bought from or sold to CME. I doubt, however, I could pick out a guitar which was part of a run presumably built from the same wood source as the others without some kind of wear pattern or flaw (whether there from the get go or courtesy of me) unless maybe it was the only one the store had to offer.

Edited by zombywoof

6 hours ago, zombywoof said:

I could pick my 1942 J50 out of any crowd.  Easy to do because when it was built one of the  book matched top pieces was accidentally flip flopped.  I am confused though - is this a guitar you bought from or sold to CME. I doubt, however, I could pick out a guitar which was part of a run presumably built from the same wood source as the others without some kind of wear pattern or flaw (whether there from the get go or courtesy of me) unless maybe it was the only one the store had to offer.

I bought this and still have it. The grain in the bridge is distinctive and runs nice and parallel with the bridge. Also the top grain flares out just a hair just south of the bridge. I love it.

Edited by Mr.Woody