Gibson Brands Forums

All Star Band? Who would be in it?

Basshole

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basshole wrote:

Oh' date=' and I have to disagree on the whole chick thing.

No estrogen for me - sorry.

I play guitar to [i']get away[/i] from that sh!t.

Hey, whatever flutters your putter, mon. If you need a roomful of misogynistic testosterone cowboys to feel good about life, have at it. I admire musicians. I expect jammin' with the likes of Bonnie might just cause a few guys to wish they 'd stayed home with the boys. =D>

Maybe because you wernt alive back then. Then EVH was revolutionary. He inspired plays like rhoads' date=' steve vai, me. EVH [b']reinvented the metal guitar[/b].

Ok why do i see those 3/4 words when some states that this or that guitar is good...cause im starting to get sicking tired of that ****.

Just to jump on the VH bandwagon.

Yes Eddie was sort of a revolutionary for guitar, but the thing about VH is that their Sum was greater than their parts. Besides EVH, each was just OK, but when you put them together they were really good and they were blazing new trails for musicians everywhere.

I also think EVH was one of the biggest proponents for the guitar boom of the 80's be it good or bad - Big Hair, Big Guitar and the whole works. Sure there were others, but he was the original poster boy and for years almost everyone followed in his footsteps.

Love them or hate them - but don't deny they played a big part in music as we hear and play it even today.

Just to jump on the VH bandwagon.

Yes Eddie was sort of a revolutionary for guitar' date=' but the thing about VH is that their Sum was greater than their parts. Besides EVH, each was just OK, but when you put them together they were really good and they were blazing new trails for musicians everywhere.

I also think EVH was one of the biggest proponents for the guitar boom of the 80's be it good or bad - Big Hair, Big Guitar and the whole works. Sure there were others, but he was the original poster boy and for years almost everyone followed in his footsteps.

Love them or hate them - but don't deny they played a big part in music as we hear and play it even today.[/quote']

#-o

Eddie was revolutionary for 80s hair metal. But if VH never got sammy hagar they would never be classified as "hair metal".

Seriously??? #-o

Out of all my possible choices that I was thinking of.

-Neil Pert

-John Bonham

-Ginger Baker

I like Alex Van Halen, No need to argue its just my personal opinion/Prefrence. I like his drum beats and his fills.

Have fun with this thread, Don't turn it into a arguement. Just have fun.

I do it for the paychecks...

I don't buy that. I don't really know you other than from your posts here' date=' and I've been here only a few months. But my impression of you has nothing to do with money. There are some musicians who, even if they lost their hands or their hearing or suffered some other career ending malady, would figure out a way to make music, because it's a part of them that they HAVE to respond to. Nothing on this earth would keep them from their art.

And there are some who think they'll get laid more. That's you all over. [img']http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/img]

I don't buy that. I don't really know you other than from your posts here' date=' and I've been here only a few months. But my impression of you has nothing to do with money. There are some musicians who, even if they lost their hands or their hearing or suffered some other career ending malady, would figure out a way to make music, because it's a part of them that they HAVE to respond to. Nothing on this earth would keep them from their art.

And there are some who think they'll get laid more. That's you all over. [img']http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/img]

First impressions are often wrong.

musik13.gif

And there are some who think they'll get laid more.

It would be less for me.

I ain't that lucky anymore so whatever strays would take me home would be sparse indeed.

Then my wife would find out and all that would stop with her....

Net loss.

:-)

Zeppelin is my favorite all star band although this seems to have become a Van Halen post. Van Halens first album came out when I was in junior high and I had the good fortune of growing up listening to them. To me VH isn't about a guitar player. It's about great music. I remember Fair Warning coming out and driving around with that cassette blaring out of my car stereo. I remember road trips with Diver Down playing. Van Halen was the soundtrack of my high school years. I see them as a great rock band. I don't focus on Eddie. All I know is that Women and Children First and Fair Warning are two of my favorite albums When Hagar joined, I lost all interest.

Archived