Gibson Brands Forums

Buy any good guitar

goku141598

Depends. On how long you've been playing. What type of music you want to play. What scale you like. What amp you use. How big your hands are.

And many other personal preferences that each guitar player has.

I am guessing you are new to the guitar.  My suggestion would be not to just judge by the way it looks, but the way it feels and sounds. If possible, go try out a bunch of different models. 

And don't spend a lot of money on your first guitar. You may later find you don't really want or like to play the guitar. And you don't want to be staring at a $1000 guitar on a stand that you wish you hadn't bought. If you decide you want to keep playing the guitar, then you can buy yourself a nicer guitar. And you will also, at that point, know more about what you may want in a guitar.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi goku,

Brad has good advice.

I would suggest choosing with your ears first. You don't need experience or ability to do that. Find the sound that you want to make.

These days (things change over time) I recommend new players check out FGN guitars entry level models. After trying out guitars, if its still a Tele you like, I would suggest the FGN Iliad Boundary models. eg: BIL2M/CS Iliad Boundary. They are inexpensive but very good Japanese builds. Unlike other cheap guitars, they come with good electrics and hardware eg: Gotoh tuners. 

ipotl9x8wlsft1hvamvj.jpg

• Like 1

The photograph indicates that you are a perfectly healthy new guitar player.  Get one of those and get started.  With any luck, in 50 years you'll be as good as me.  lolz

rct

• Haha 2

WELCOME to these boards, Goku.  

I don't own an electric guitar(yet) my only being a cheap Kalamazoo obtained back in '67.  I have no idea whatever became of it.  but it's no big loss.  priced new back then at $79.99  it was super cheap even back then.  So my only advice would(or could) be to not go TOO cheap.  Not knowing what the future might bring, it may wind up being the only electric you might own for most of your life.   So you'll want it to last that long.  By the time I lost track of my Kalamazoo, it wasn't worth squat.  The electronics gave out, neck bowed and all it's existence it wouldn't stay in tune.  

As for looks, well, it does help if you like the way it looks.  And more often than not a good looking guitar also sports quite a bit of quality.  And since it's mostly an "eye of the beholder" thing, that ugly(to you) guitar you pass up might be the most beautiful instrument the next person sees.  [wink]  Now, at my advancing age I'm looking to get an electric as mostly a "bucket list" thing.  And I'm eyeing an LP goldtop, as it's long been a desired axe.

Whitefang

12 hours ago, goku141598 said:

Hello friends.
What criteria do you think to choose the best electric guitar.
I was interested in music so I decided to buy one next, and I asked everyone to give me some samples. I like it like this: Image
I thank everyone

If you "like it like this", then get a Fender Telecaster.  It's a fine guitar.

20 hours ago, goku141598 said:

Hello friends.
What criteria do you think to choose the best electric guitar.
I was interested in music so I decided to buy one next, and I asked everyone to give me some samples. I like it like this: Image
I thank everyone

Greetings Goku, depending on where you are, what is available and how much money you can spend. A Fender Telecaster will hold it value and possibly increase over time. An Asian built Telecaster copy will decrease in value as soon as you buy it, with the exception of Japan Built Fenders.

A Fender Telecaster is an investment that will last a very long time.

Below is a Custom Shop Telecaster which could be expensive.

fender-custom-shop-american-custom-telec

Edited by mihcmac

Staying with the Telecaster theme ... if you got a bunch of money, then get a MIA Fender Telecaster.  If you don't got a "bunch", but got "some", then get a MIM Fender Telecaster.  If you don't got "some", but have a "little bit", then get a Squier Telecaster.  If don't got a "little bit", then I hear on-line chess can be fun ... 

A Gibson Les Paul Special or Jr are excellent choices & USA Models can be had in many Price ranges. Available with P90’s or Humbuckers. Both are great choices.  

That said, The Tele is an excellent choice..

If you do go Squier get a Classic Vibe.

There are some xlnt Made in Mexico..

The best are USA...