Gibson Brands Forums

Howdy! New member from Texas

RNA MUSIC

Hi guys/gals. I found this forum while searching for info on a hard to track down Epiphone limited run Les Paul from the 90s. I bought one and seemed to have forgotten what happened to it.

I bought my first gibson in 1992 saving my from my first job at a grocery store when i was 16. I scored a killer mint condition Used 1991 Gibson Explorer from Zoo music in Dallas. I still have it, and it has a ton of sentimental value as the first guitar I bought with my own money. My second USA Gibson is a 1996 Les Paul Standard I bought used about 2 years ago. Have a few Epiphone les pauls as well, but I'm a sucker for 90s era Gibsons and always on the hunt for a 1975 Les Paul custom. I also am always looking for a great 90s V that will match the finish of my Explorer and Les Paul. The holy trinity of Gibsons for me.

Now days I own a small music shop, (too small to sell Gibson) and teach music lessons in a small town in East Texas. I have a love/hate with Gibson.... I love a lot of the guitars, but also kind of hate a lot of the corporate business decisions.... from various corporate overlords that have come and gone and may or may not currently steer the ship.

I do love my 90s Gibsons though. No one can deny the impact of Gibson guitars in music history, regardless of company politics.

• Like 2

Welcome, RNA Music. 

You sound like an interesting cat, and you come from a great part of Texas, so I welcome you with extra affection. 

I worked with a guy in the Army many years ago named Herman Yezak, and his family owned some cattle land in east Texas. 
I'm also close with Laurie Brown for many years, and she lives somewhere near Tyler, Texas. 

I live near the other Huntsville, in northern Alabama. 
I have flown over your Huntsville many times in a helicopter though, but i was careful not to fly too low. 

😛

XAJHUUW7CNGQ3DONRYQMLCLACQ.jpg

Edited by sparquelito

20 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Welcome, RNA Music. 

You sound like an interesting cat, and you come from a great part of Texas, so I welcome you with extra affection. 

I worked with a guy in the Army many years ago named Herman Yezak, and his family owned some cattle land in east Texas. 
I'm also close with Laurie Brown for many years, and she lives somewhere near Tyler, Texas. 

I live near the other Huntsville, in northern Alabama. 
I have flown over your Huntsville many times in a helicopter though, but i was careful not to fly too low. 

😛

XAJHUUW7CNGQ3DONRYQMLCLACQ.jpg

My wife's dad was from Huntsville Alabama orginally, and move back for a few years after retiring from teaching in Texas! Drive to Decatur and Huntsville many times!! It's quite a drive from East Texas!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RNA MUSIC said:

My wife's dad was from Huntsville Alabama orginally, and move back for a few years after retiring from teaching in Texas! Drive to Decatur and Huntsville many times!! It's quite a drive from East Texas!

Yeah man. 
That's a tough day of driving right there!!

😙