Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone prophecy extura case?

Leon2365

Is there any case out there that an epiphone prophecy extura will properly fit in without modification?

I bought a hardshell epiphone explorer case but the extura does not fit inside it properly. I'd have to rip out about 2-ish inches of the material inside myself if I wanted it to fit inside. 

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any proper cases out there that the extura would fit inside of?

Preferably a hard shell case. It's a $900 guitar so I'd want just a tad more protection for it than a gig bag. 

Thank you all for your time. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:42 PM, Leon2365 said:

Is there any case out there that an epiphone prophecy extura will properly fit in without modification?

I bought a hardshell epiphone explorer case but the extura does not fit inside it properly. I'd have to rip out about 2-ish inches of the material inside myself if I wanted it to fit inside. 

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any proper cases out there that the extura would fit inside of?

Preferably a hard shell case. It's a $900 guitar so I'd want just a tad more protection for it than a gig bag. 

Thank you all for your time. 

Isn't the Extura just another variation of the Explorer and use the same hard case?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIdvSUrgPPzQH9CAM_3

or lots aftermarket Explorer Hard Cases

Rockcase-Standard-Electric-Guitar-Case-1

Or and Epiphone Explorer Hard Case

EXPL2-large.jpg

or for a little more just get a Gibson Explorer Hard Case

preview.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

On 5/18/2021 at 11:00 PM, mihcmac said:

Isn't the Extura just another variation of the Explorer and use the same hard case?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIdvSUrgPPzQH9CAM_3

or lots aftermarket Explorer Hard Cases

Rockcase-Standard-Electric-Guitar-Case-1

Or and Epiphone Explorer Hard Case

EXPL2-large.jpg

or for a little more just get a Gibson Explorer Hard Case

preview.jpg

You'd think it would, but sadly it is not exactly the same. The upper horn where the switch is on an explorer is at least twice as long. So sitting in an explorer case [cause I did mention that I bought an epiphone hardshell explorer case] that horn is a few inches too long to sit comfortably in the case. 

Edited by Leon2365

• 2 weeks later...

So in the end I had to just cut a hole into my existing epiphone explorer hard case and remove some of the Styrofoam inside to get the upper horn of the extura to fit inside nicely.

The fuzzy interior stayed so as not to scratch my instrument and all in all, for a DIY fix, I think it's rather nice. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...