Gibson Brands Forums

Grading System For 6V6's For Earlier Break-up??

zozoe

fetch?filedataid=102030&type=mediumfetch?filedataid=102031&type=large Howdy all~ Just as JJ has their EL844 for 'allegedly' earlier breakup, does any maker have the same thing going on for the venerable 6V6? The amp is one of my many fantastic homebrews, with this one having been pulled from an old Bell & Howell projector & brought back to life as a very solid amp, with 2x6V6, 1x6SC7, 1x6J7, & a 5Z4 recto that you could cook a Kobi steak on,,, Amp sounds fantastic w/that classic robust 6V6 sound w/some grain drive,,, BUT, short of having my tech ripping apart this overbuilt chassis again, if i could get the the amp to sound like it's '12' instead of like '9', & nudge up the gain just a smidgen, I'd happy as the day is long!!  So again, what's out there in 6V6's that may get me 'there', that are 'rated' on a 1 to 5, or a
1 to 10 scale, & not be a possible 'reject ala the EL844, & still sound good? Maybe a rectifier change & rebias would get me there as well? I don't use OD pedals other than my Barefoot Model G (Gibson) effect, but I don't want to color the sound at all, or get louder,, but just to get a extra tiny touch of drive....
Thnx well, & be well~
kenny 
🕉🎶

Screenshot_20210523-152828_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210523-153117_Gallery.jpg