Gibson Brands Forums

Dark Fire PUPs?

Homz

Does anyone know what the PUPs are on the Dark Fire? I think there is a P90 in neck, but not sure what's in the bridge position.

The reason I ask. I am about to replace the neck PUP in my First Run LE Robot with a P94. I was curious to see if the Dark Fire is essentially a Studio with robot controls and a p90 in the neck.

While I think the p90 (or whatever) + Humbucker pickup configuration is the best, I don't really like the "finish" on the darkfire's pickups... looks like something meant for guitar hero... And that's the thing about the dark fire... black (or carbon fiber, IDK) inlays, black binding, carbon fiber pickup covers... it just doesnt look like a hi tech guitar... it looks like a strange mixture between those guitar hero controlers and a real guitar...

While I think the p90 (or whatever) + Humbucker pickup configuration is the best' date=' I don't really like the "finish" on the darkfire's pickups... looks like something meant for guitar hero... And that's the thing about the dark fire... black (or carbon fiber, IDK) inlays, black binding, carbon fiber pickup covers... it just doesnt look like a hi tech guitar... it looks like a strange mixture between those guitar hero controlers and a real guitar... [/quote']

+1, when I first saw the DF I thought it had EMGs.

Archived