Gibson Brands Forums

Does your wife/girlfriend love guitars?

pearhie

3 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

First wife loved guitarists more than guitars. Needless to say, the marriage didn't last.

Second wife bought me a Byrdland for a wedding present. Still didn't last.

Current partner is half my age and twice as smart. She has names for all my instruments — and I do mean ALL.

Might stick around.

lol ...

my 1st wife liked a few of my "friends" better than guitars

2nd wife liked a singer better than guitars

3rd wife bought me a PRS Custom 24 & a Les Paul Standard Goldtop ...  and told me I am to never sell my white Les Paul Custom ...  

My wife likes my guitars and thinks they are really nice. She doesn't play, but loves music (even though she is a Garth fan). She has her hobbies and I got mine. She bought me my 12 string Martin, so I'm ready for the next one that you want to buy me. A 000-28EC would work.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

lol ...

my 1st wife liked a few of my "friends" better than guitars

2nd wife liked a singer better than guitars

3rd wife bought me a PRS Custom 24 & a Les Paul Standard Goldtop ...  and told me I am to never sell my white Les Paul Custom ...  

Seems like a trend.... My first wife was a groupie.... when I got out of music...she remained a groupie..... strange.....she left me for a guy who doesn't even play!  

P.S.   She did me the biggest favor she ever could have!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I'm guessing she'd rather sew quilts while hearing you play your guitars than quilting in your hospital room while waiting for you to wake up from the coma you went into from a drag racing accident.  [wink]

Whitefang

Well, she did start nagging me to quit racing. Her thoughts were if something happened, then John would have no daddy.  My partner in racing stole the race car anyway and sold it before I knew it was being done.  The guy was paying payments to Alan and when the last payment was delivered, the car was gone.  So that was what put me out of drag racing.  In spite of that high wheel stand, I thought I handled it very good.  I thought I blew a Slick in back as it kept wanting to take a hard right so I just went slow through the quarter mile. 

• Like 1

She loves me to play. But like guitars? I don't think she especially does. Though she did like the look of the Fender TC90 I briefly had. My last woman merely tolerated my playing.

So yes, it's nice that she wants me to play. Trouble is she often asks me to sing as well. 

I started singing at birth I think, maybe in the womb.. I’ve always loved to sing... I bought a Guitar to accompany me... I used to think  singing was more important than the Guitar.. My focus & concentration was Singing first & good accompaniment second.. I endeavored to be a good Rhythm Guitarist.. All these years later it’s still pretty much the same but I have been working harder to get better on Guitar.. The Guitar is one of the most amazing creations of all time!

• Like 1

It is funny. At first she only thought they looked pretty. 

Now she has an interest in shopping for them with me.

She enjoys it!!

A better question would be, does your wife like your guitar playing??

You may be surprised at the answers!!!

3 minutes ago, bigtim said:

It is funny. At first she only thought they looked pretty. 

Now she has an interest in shopping for them with me.

She enjoys it!!

A better question would be, does your wife like your guitar playing??

You may be surprised at the answers!!!

My wife strokes my ego and tells my I'm playing decent, but I know when I play like c-rap. Which is most of the time.

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My wife strokes my ego and tells my I'm playing decent, but I know when I play like c-rap. Which is most of the time.

I play 'new' songs in the morning before my wife gets up.....so when she finally comes out in the kitchen, the songs are usually 'presentable'.

She LOVES my playing, (she has not a discerning ear!).

4 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I play 'new' songs in the morning before my wife gets up.....so when she finally comes out in the kitchen, the songs are usually 'presentable'.

She LOVES my playing, (she has not a discerning ear!).

My wife is a Garth Brooks fan, so I can't always believe her when she says something is good. I don't need friends in low places to know how poor my playing is.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

My wife is a Garth Brooks fan, so I can't always believe her when she says something is good. I don't need friends in low places to know how poor my playing is.

Tell your wife, *I* like Garth also....I don't do any of his songs, although I don't do any of his songs, (I think).

Not too crazy about his politics....but performers should keep their political opinions to themselves, (except for protest songs, etc.).

I mean, I do "For What It's Worth",  and  "Before The Deluge"....both don't follow my politics....but they're good songs!

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

Tell your wife, *I* like Garth also....I don't do any of his songs, although I don't do any of his songs, (I think).

Not too crazy about his politics....but performers should keep their political opinions to themselves, (except for protest songs, etc.).

I mean, I do "For What It's Worth",  and  "Before The Deluge"....both don't follow my politics....but they're good songs!

He's lucky he has a carrier in music cause that fat bald ugly pudgy dude would never get laid otherwise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

You are. If only in your dreams.

Would you feel the same way if the performer were, say, Ted Nugent?

I saw Ted a few years back in concert I just wanted him to shut the f-uck up and play the next song. I could care less than a squirt of p-iss about his political ramblings (I thought I bought a ticket to a rock concert not a Trump rally) and wow he shot with a cross bow on stage a stationary cardboard cut out of Saddam Hussein. I was impressed with that act of male-nitude.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Fish Crumpet said:

Thanks for the clarification. One often sees bias in these matters on both 'sides'. Good to see someone who can separate talent from ideology. I harbor great distaste for Wagner's views on race, but his music is sublime. Similarly with Nugent. He's an OK player.

Other than "Cat Scratch Fever",  not sure I could name another Nuge song.... but I know DOZENS of Joan Baez songs.....I actually do "Diamonds And Rust".... saw her open for The Stones at The Cow Palace....I hate her politics, but think she's a good person and a great performer..... LOVE Nuge's politics....would be honored to back him up sometime.  

I feel entertainers who let their politics be known are eliminating a large percentage of their respective fans.....when actually, they don't live the 'normal live' we live, and don't really have a clue as to what life is all about.

44 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

That'd be like playing in the Pizza Parlor years ago... fights between different biker gangs during after hours!

Ted though CV-19 was a hoax till his sorry a-ss contracted it, what a double talking p-ussy he is.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ted though CV-19 was a hoax till his sorry a-ss contracted it, what a double talking p-ussy he is.

I don't think anyone actually thought COVID was a 'hoax'.... many thought the reaction to it was overblown....which seems to be the case.   I don't care if people I come in contact with wear a mask or whether they've had the vaccine.... that's up to them.....and yes....I've had COVID....I was sick...not fun....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I don't think anyone actually thought COVID was a 'hoax'.... many thought the reaction to it was overblown....which seems to be the case.   I don't care if people I come in contact with wear a mask or whether they've had the vaccine.... that's up to them.....and yes....I've had COVID....I was sick...not fun....

Okay he didn't say it was a hoax, he said it was not a real pandemic.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-public-health-race-and-ethnicity-health-coronavirus-pandemic-585b21bb229c0049f2dec94927cc9789

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Although a pandemic is easily defined as a disease that affects a wide range of people in multiple countries....our (and the world's) response the COVID harmed more people that COVID ever did.

We adults can hide in our homes for a year and that's tough....but a 7 year old kid will never be 7 again, and they missed out on 14% of their entire life's experience.... may affect them for the rest of their lives!    And of course, the old folks in rest homes who's families couldn't visit, I'm sure, felt abandoned....and many passed away without having their loved ones near.   All because of a bad flu.

• Like 1