Gibson Brands Forums

Zero to Normal in three days...

rct

This past weekend we got booked into one of our favorite local joints on Saturday 5th, 8 to midnightish.  Like old times.  Except new owner, trying to figure out what bands he wants in there this summer.  And he added a pool table.

Sunday 5th, 3pm - 7pm out on the deck at a joint on the bay.  It's a good one, we like playing that place, she is setting up her schedule for the summer, we'll get a few more out this one.

YaY.

rct

• Like 6

That's fabulous news, rct. 
Some of the best news I have heard lately, good sir. 

I hope to get my band similarly situated quite soon. 
Our girl singer is recovering from back surgery, so she should be in top form in about a month or so. 
And our drummer is finally getting out, after satisfying himself that everyone's vaccinated now, and the risk of finding himself dead from nasty viruses is greatly reduced. 
(That was a big issue for awhile with him and his family.)

My band-mate brother and I will be traveling up to New Hampshire next week along with our older brother, to visit with our sister who is terminally ill with lung cancer. 
A sad and heart-wrenching situation, but it's where we find ourselves. 

Family first, and then so things will open up and evolve with the band. 

Cheers, and again, congratulations. 
🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, duane v said:

When we get back to playing out, our drummer better have an electronic kit. I'm so tired of playing at ff and fff.

We have nearly always gigged with Roland and Alesis kits. 
No complaints, ever. 

Sometimes the full Gretsch maple kit, but the logistics of that, never mind the sound/backsplash issues, were always a challenge. 
Modern digital kits really do work out quite well. 

😐

Yeah.. Good news dude....

Been a crap year for almost everyone..

The other day my sister came down with her family from Manchester. Fist time in 18 months or so.. I was having dinner with all of them a few days ago, its amazing how much you can miss something so simple.

So if anything at least I think a lot of people may come to realise how lucky we are in general life to be able to do all the things we do and enjoy the freedoms we have...

Good stuff [thumbup]

Also shows you have to enjoy life when you can and while we can. It can be taken away so easily.

21 hours ago, rct said:

This past weekend we got booked into one of our favorite local joints on Saturday 5th, 8 to midnightish.  Like old times.  Except new owner, trying to figure out what bands he wants in there this summer.  And he added a pool table.

Sunday 5th, 3pm - 7pm out on the deck at a joint on the bay.  It's a good one, we like playing that place, she is setting up her schedule for the summer, we'll get a few more out this one.

YaY.

rct

I still have to come  and check you guys out!!

On 6/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, rct said:

YaY.

rct

Congratulations RCT.  Things seem to be going better here as they lifted the mask mandate.  Hope you get many more gigs.