Gibson Brands Forums

A Few Home Truths

IanHenry

1 hour ago, jvi said:

you make her sound so good, yourself , not so much.    (edited by myself for my going personal)

I know I'm a d-ick head. Been told here by more people than just you.

No one is forcing her to save the planet, but if she can solve what is wrong, and a ton of people with big fancy college degrees can't then good on her.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rct said:

We did I'm 18 Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

rct

I've got a
Baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin' in the middle of doubt
'Cause I'm
Eighteen

18 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Yep true.  Also:

Responsibilities of Turning 18

1. If you are a male, you are required to register with the Selective Service System within 30 days of turning 18. According to the law, www.sss.gov/default.htm, you can be prosecuted if you do not register. If convicted, you can be fined up to $250,000 and/or spend up to five years in jail.

2. As a legal adult, you are now responsible for your actions. If you violate any law, you will be charged as an adult.

3. You can be selected for jury duty.

4. You are legally obligated to pay all debts you incur.

And you can go to Federal Pound Me In The A-ss Prison too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brad1 said:

I would have liked to see that!🙂

You don’t see too many bands doing that number anymore.  

Saturday was great.  Sunday I drifted off at some point early in the song and bass player had some trouble singing.  We were getting tired, it was just ok.

rct

This is a very complex subject....

The guy in the video while talking about world issues then goes on to say how good things are for the younger generation. But he seems to only be talking about his own country. Could he have said all those things about say African or Indian children?

As for Gretta.. I also find her annoying.. Shes way to over the top and in the end shouting and and blaming everyone else for her issues comes across as a bit moany.. 

HOWEVER, I do have to agree with her on some things. Greedy cooperation's and capitalism have totally ruined the planet. And are continuing to do so... Yes they help us by providing us with things to buy and things people want that make our lives a bit easier. But the question here is at what cost? 

I think really the biggest issue is that theres just only a certain amount of resources in the world and if we keep using them at the rate we do then its only going to lead to bad things in the future for those that will have to live in it. And then theres the ever increasing population of the planet. So dwindling resources and more people is the real issue (I think).

Now we have Pandemic world...  Just another fun thing to have to live with on an already pretty screwed up planet. And if you were 15, what would you be thinking about your future in the world?

Climate change.. Its a weird thing.. It certainly is changing, I think most people will agree on that. But why.. Is it what we are doing or is it a natural thing that would happen one way or another, regardless of what we do..  I think its a mixture of both. We are probably speeding up the natural process. But thats only based on my own thoughts, nothing scientific in it really. The rate trees are cut down and the pollution we make with cars and industry must have a global effect, how can it not.

Like I say... Its a complex issue..  Having blind faith in what we are doing like the guy in the video is just ignoring the issues and wont help at all no matter how positive your attitude is, and people like him who just want to continue as we are, are totally the problem.  And at the same time moaning and shouting at people about how we have ruined her life and the future for everyone isnt doing anything either. Cos its just way more complex than that.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jvi said:

perhaps if she did run for office and was elected she would do something about china and the worlds pollution, for now raising the issue is what she can do  (greener energy) .. politicians (good ones ) are needed to run  the world ,

There are a lot of People who have been Office. It’s been going on over a half Century. Even the People in Office now that haven’t been able to do much if anything about China... She’s a laugh in that regard.. 

The Issue has been raised for years.. Political nonsense usually ending up about needing Money! Politics!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Karloff said:

well, unfortunately the Red Sox have fallen a game behind 1st place in the MLB East ...

Yeah, the AL East is a tough division this year.  It's still early in the season, but if the Red Sox don't come around, they'll probably get desperate and start thinking about thawing out Ted Williams' head.

And, Greta?  Yes, climate change is real, and yes, some of it is probably caused by man, but her rant probably turns off more people than it inspires.

The point of the video was the irony of the situation in relation to young people's desire to have the latest phone etc.

Of course we all want to see a situation where mankind has more sympathy for the environment but I believe a lot of "green" initiatives are at best misguided and at worst false, take for example electric cars, yes they may be greener to run but the biggest impact on the environment is the manufacture and disposal of the vehicle and of course the electricity has to be generated somehow.

I also don't think the commentator, at any point was suggesting shooting the school children.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@IanHenry I just can’t watch that sky Australian crap. We have fox over here for ridiculous. So didn’t watch the video and could imagine what nice things they have to say about Greta. I’ve also heard Greta reprimand the world leaders so what possibly could I have missed? 

And I don’t know how school shootings got into this conversation… a bit out of context if you ask me. We have radicals in the midst. Fun place over here lol!

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

It's not an analogy, O Wise One. It's an expression to describe those who are blissfully — or intentionally — unaware of what's going on around them.

Your thought processes are poor.

"Hurling insults is a common tactic of science deniers.  Such insults generally lack any evidentiary basis. "

Is this evidence of your being a science denier?    On a similar note, is 'contrarian'  an erudite way of saying  'hypocrite' ? 

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

@IanHenry I just can’t watch that sky Australian crap. We have fox over here for ridiculous. So didn’t watch the video and could imagine what nice things they have to say about Greta. I’ve also heard Greta reprimand the world leaders so what possibly could I have missed? 

And I don’t know how school shootings got into this conversation… a bit out of context if you ask me. We have radicals in the midst. Fun place over here lol!

Hard to stay on point isn't it?   Especially when folks start talking about whether Rome burned or sank into a swamp.    The point of the original thread was NOT that Global Warming is (or is not ) a hoax.  It was that children should not be used by their parents and the media to push political agenda.  I brought up David Hogg as the poster child for that in the US.     Folks of course then went off on how  'guns are evil' and  miss the entire point.   My definition of a radical is  a person who deflects when they can't agree or disagree on a simple statement.  No wonder politicians never get anywhere.  

@fortyearspickn, lol yeah I probably missed the topic point myself because I didn’t see the video in first post. I explained why I ignorantly posted off-topic. Anyhow I hope people detected my sarcasm. I don’t qualify anyone here as a radical lol! I have no evidence of such. I just don’t like listening to this petulant child rant at world leaders thinking that shaming them makes a difference. It’s another platform for stupid s***. I also know what Sky News is about too… I’m just done with politics and the garbage that’s worldwide because these people are shills, worthless, feckless pieces of turd. I can’t stand behind one leader in today’s world. 

In retrospect I shouldn’t have posted here because I’m an ignorant SOB haha!

Edited by NighthawkChris