Gibson Brands Forums

Robert Make Them Stop

Sgt. Pepper

46 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

But sadly, sometimes they did.  [crying]

But the mention of YOKO surely puts her out front.  [cool]

Whitefang

I hear the guy who recorded it doing the Nah Nah Nah's, but I think Linda's mic is off.

That is just about my all time least favorite Beatles song. A two minute song followed by 5 minutes of Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I hear the guy who recorded it doing the Nah Nah Nah's, but I think Linda's mic is off.

That is just about my all time least favorite Beatles song. A two minute song followed by 5 minutes of Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah.

I do believe it's her, plus I've seen and heard other footage of her "singing".  As for the song....

Never one of my favorites by The Beatles either.  And sorry, but I can't buy McCartney's "Hey Jules" story.  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Back sometime in the 80's (I think) I remember the great Boston FM Station WBCN had gotten a hold of the audio of Linda singing background and playing it on the air.

We all pissed ourselves laughing over it.  There was great debate over it being real or not, but we knew it was.

It's even more fun with video...

*I saw Paul live in 1990 in Worcester, MA.

6 hours ago, nhwildbill said:

Back sometime in the 80's (I think) I remember the great Boston FM Station WBCN had gotten a hold of the audio of Linda singing background and playing it on the air.

We all pissed ourselves laughing over it.  There was great debate over it being real or not, but we knew it was.

It's even more fun with video...

*I saw Paul live in 1990 in Worcester, MA.

That was the year we saw them also. Paul and Linda,  World Tour at Cyclone Stadium in Ames Iowa July -18 -1990. We loved him playing the fool on the hill as it was the only song they played with Paul at the piano and during the song when he sang around and around, the stage where the piano was started to rise and turn around. Cool. Then we both saw Paul 2 more times after that in Omaha. At the Ames concert I was 1 year & 10 months cancer free from the brain tumor. Guess thats why Deb wanted to go. 

13 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

My favorite part is @ 2:25 "better BETTER! BETTER!! ::::::SQUEAK!!::::::"

Yeah, but that is the person recording in the audience or some one around them.  I still don't hear Linda.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 6/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Side 2 of Live Peace In Toronto is what people in Hell have to listen to all day.

I bought that LP when it was released.  I listened to side 1, then I listened to side 2.  I listened to side 1 over and over and over.  By the time I bought Live Peace on CD years later, I had just about worn out side 1 of the LP, but side 2 had only been played once.  I don't listen to the Yoko half of the CD.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I bought that LP when it was released.  I listened to side 1, then I listened to side 2.  I listened to side 1 over and over and over.  By the time I bought Live Peace on CD years later, I had just about worn out side 1 of the LP, but side 2 had only been played once.  I don't listen to the Yoko half of the CD.

I got it in a John Lennon vinyl box set that is a Japanese pressing. It has Live Peace - Rock 'N' Roll. My cousin played Live Peace for me in '81 when I went out to New Jersey for a visit. The next time I see him I should punch him for making me endure side 2. I may have listened to my copy once. Even side 1 is not that great. I think they forgot the pick up Eric at the airport and he almost didn't make the show.

I think at the beginning of side 2 I think John says " Now Yoko is gonna do her thing all over you". She did and the world is not better for it. Her voice is the closest you will come to hearing 2 cats on LSD simultaneously getting strangled.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think at the beginning of side 2 I think John says " Now Yoko is gonna do her thing all over you". She did and the world is not better for it.

Sure.  When first hearing IT, I almost did my "thing" all over the living room carpet.  [blush]

Whitefang

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Sales soar with a death.

It was given to me. I tried to listen you it last year. After a few songs I said enough is enough and took it off the turntable. What garb. Maybe 3 good songs on it. 

great album, good art can take some thought adjustment , " luck of the irish "  ( i think ny city lp )  was a  great vocal by  Yoko 

someone  not liking something dosnt mean its crap, it means to the opinion holder thinks its crap ....

30 minutes ago, jvi said:

great album, good art can take some thought adjustment , " luck of the irish "  ( i think ny city lp )  was a  great vocal by  Yoko 

someone  not liking something dosnt mean its crap, it means to the opinion holder thinks its crap ....

I know and just because I offend you doesn't mean I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I never heard any of Double Fantasy other than what I heard on the radio.  I wasn't impressed.

I DO like side 1 of Live Peace in Toronto.

I think if they took the best songs off the first album, the one with the pic of them under the tree, and the best songs off Imagine, and made one album out of it that would be one killer album. How Do You Sleep and I Don't Want To Be A Soldier are such great songs. About 1/3 of each of those first two albums have fodder on it. Yes John we know you love and are married to Yoko, but does every 3rd song need to me about her? Why did Phil Spector add that sappy string section to the song Imagine. He did the same lame thing to Long And Winding Road. 

Sometime in NYC is just bloody awful. Luck Of The Irish is probably the best song on it. How did John ever get away with Woman Is The ___________ Of The World?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And guess what its Sunday so there should be another Toyah and Robert Sunday Lunch Song posted today. I hope Sidney Jake is in it. When do we get a peak at the nips?

when do you give bs negativity and rudness a break ?

1 hour ago, jvi said:

when do you give bs negativity and rudness a break ?

Your like my wife. In the 13 years or so she has known and been married to me she still hasn't realized I have no filter and she can't control what I do and say. Neither can you. Just like the other day when you told me just because I don't like a particular group or song that doesn't make it bad, and I countered with just because I offend you or someone it doesn't mean I'm wrong. Why don't you just block me, and you will never have to see my posts since they get under your skin. If you think I will suddenly change because you want me to, well like Judas Priest said - You Got Another Thing Coming.

Last I check I live in a country where it is okay to have your own opinion, and cut your d-ick off if you don't like that you were born with one, or has Biden taken that from us already?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Why did Phil Spector add that sappy string section to the song Imagine. He did the same lame thing to Long And Winding Road. 

He never learned even Babe Ruth never hit it out of the park every time.  And WHOSE idea was it to have Spector have a hand in it?  It's not hard to realize why I like "Let It Be... NAKED" a lot better.     And just for the record( even though nobody probably gives a sh*t)  I wasn't that impressed with DOUBLE FANTASY.  And did quickly tire of John's heavy use of reverb for the vocals in many of his post Beatle solo projects.  But can respect Yoko insofar as she's probably responsible for keeping John from totally self destructing years before he was murdered. 

And incidentally SARGE------

Like the thought often mistakenly attributed to Voltaire, I'll paraphrase.....

I might not like everything you post, but will defend to the death your right to post them.  [smile]

Whitefang

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

He never learned even Babe Ruth never hit it out of the park every time.  And WHOSE idea was it to have Spector have a hand in it?  It's not hard to realize why I like "Let It Be... NAKED" a lot better.     And just for the record( even though nobody probably gives a sh*t)  I wasn't that impressed with DOUBLE FANTASY.  And did quickly tire of John's heavy use of reverb for the vocals in many of his post Beatle solo projects.  But can respect Yoko insofar as she's probably responsible for keeping John from totally self destructing years before he was murdered. 

And incidentally SARGE------

Like the thought often mistakenly attributed to Voltaire, I'll paraphrase.....

I might not like everything you post, but will defend to the death your right to post them.  [smile]

Whitefang

Thanks. 

But legend has it Babe once ate 12 hot dogs and drank 8 bottles of soda between a double header. I might be able to chock down 3 if I'm hungry enough. 

I think John and George handed the Let It Be aka Get Back tapes off the Phil.  I think Paul didn't find out about it till the album came out. Coincidentally it is my wife's favorite Beatles album. And Yes Naked was much better than the original. I can't wait for the Doc that will hopefully be out in two months or so. I used to own it on 8-track. 

As far as the Beatles solo stuff its hit and miss with me.

Paul's stuff up to Venus And Mars except for Wild Life was I can still listen to and enjoy.

George's All Things Must Pass is usually all I listen to from him. The last album on that of just them jamming was awful. And there are a few songs on some of his other solo albums I like. I never was a fan or George's voice.

John's stuff like I said combine the best stuff of the first two of his solo albums and that is where I stop. Mind Games and Walls And Bridges has a good song or two, but that is it.  Double and Milk And Honey were pieces of poo. Double like I said maybe had 3 good tracks on it.

Ringo's stuff is just silly. He can't sing, and I own Ringo and Goodnight Vienna on vinyl and each album has a decent song or two, but Ringo should stick to what he does best - drumming and being funny. 

I'm a harsh critic and I know that. But I get tired of bands phoning it in just because of who you are. The greatest example of that is The Rolling Stones. I can't take anything after Goats Head except Some Girls. And their early stuff where they just did blues covers a million other people did it before them and better than them.

Now here comes the Canadian to tell me I'm mean again. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1