Gibson Brands Forums

Blingless Bird?

SecondCity

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its only on other people posts in the bottom right corner of the post its shaded gray.

Cause why would you need to like your own post?

I can only imagine it has much to do with what kind of device you use to access the forum.  

But as far as one "liking" their own posts, I've seen that happen in other forums I participate in.  Always cracks me up.  Can't decide if it's a sign of conceit or insecurity.  [cool]

Whitefang

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I can only imagine it has much to do with what kind of device you use to access the forum.  

But as far as one "liking" their own posts, I've seen that happen in other forums I participate in.  Always cracks me up.  Can't decide if it's a sign of conceit or insecurity.  [cool]

Whitefang

For me, it's just confirmation that I've read it and appreciate what the person said.

Doesn't always mean I even agree with their position.

I'm using my laptop..... I can't seem to get in the Forum on my iPad....I'm sure it's operator error.

I just looked and  on my Iphone, I see the grey shaded heart when on the forum. It is under the line where you quote someone. Quote is on the left, and the heart is on the right. You can like someones post, or add an emoji or give someone a trophy. Mostly I get the sad emoji from the Sad Emoji Fairy. Can't positively confirm who it is but I have my suspicions.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just looked my Iphone and I see the grey shaded heart on my phone. It is under the line where you quote someone. Quote is on the left, and the heart is on the right.

Not there on either device....let me try my phone.

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

What do you have one of the original Ipads?

I have a very old mini iPad.... but I'm using a relatively new one here.... my iPhone is the 12-Pro.....

doesn't show up there either..... must be some restriction on my account here.

It's okay...I've lived without it so far.

3 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I have a very old mini iPad.... but I'm using a relatively new one here.... my iPhone is the 12-Pro.....

Message KSDaddy and see what is up.

44 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

You've just had your heart revoked that's all. Since they are anonymous, PM me when you like something & I'll like it for you. 

Just now, merciful-evans said:

You've just had your heart revoked that's all. Since they are anonymous, PM me when you like something & I'll like it for you. 

Thanks....wonder if this'll work?          (cut 'n paste!)                               image.png.9951d6b77e85d69955a95e95f62f2476.png

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yes I just got a sad emoji attached to a post, he or she is back. I love my secret anonymous emoji pal ...

Sgt Pepper - This is all new to me.  I kinda like the ability to "grade" you, though.  "Oh, here goes another sad emoji for Pepper.  That Pepper fellah just has too many Zappa posts.  I can fix that."  I am just kidding.  It certainly wasn't me.  This kind of stuff is too reminiscent for me of 7th grade ...

9 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

Sgt Pepper - This is all new to me.  I kinda like the ability to "grade" you, though.  "Oh, here goes another sad emoji for Pepper.  That Pepper fellah just has too many Zappa posts.  I can fix that."  I am just kidding.  It certainly wasn't me.  This kind of stuff is too reminiscent for me of 7th grade ...

I know. I am sure it is from a guy who lived in another country famous for inventing hockey and maple syrup.

I wonder how may shows  we were were at and of course didn't even know it. I think we were both at The Who in '82 and The Stones in '81. I saw The Who outside on the first day and The Stones on the second day.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know. I am sure it is from a guy who lived in another country famous for inventing hockey and maple syrup.

I wonder how may shows  we were were at and of course didn't even know it. I think we were both at The Who in '82 and The Stones in '81. I saw The Who outside on the first day and The Stones on the second day.

Ha!   Lately I've been "catching up" with a cousin of mine who's a couple of years older than me but when we were kids we were "favorite cousins" to each other.  And recently when both of us were traipsing down memory lane, we discovered we were both at Detroit's Grande Ballroom on the same nights, and also at the Detroit swing of Cream's farewell tour at Olympia stadium the same night too.  We laughingly figured with 20,000 people in attendance at the Cream concert it was understandable we didn't manage to spot one another.  [wink]

Whitefang

13 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

As long as it is not Geddy Lee, I am okay.  It would break my heart if Ged was secretly in this forum giving me sad emojis. ...

I’d be cool with that. Did you see them on Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows in the Bay Area. I did. Then I saw them 5 more times not in the Bay Area.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper