Gibson Brands Forums

Truth

rct

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

So, what kind of cars were THOSE?   You sound kinda rough on cars, eh?  [wink] Anyway...

My 2005 Chevrolet Equinox is still running fine, but then I've yet to put over 80,000 miles on her.

Whitefang

Don't fret. They weren't American cars. Though several were Fords

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I thought we were suppose to keep politics, religion and car bashing out of this forum.   

Nope its Covid, Vaxing, Religon and Politics, cars are fully within the law to make fun of at will. But one thing how do you know your Ford identifies as a Ford?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ford is an acronym for Fix Or Repair Daily.

14 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Found on road dead.

Gad!   I recall hearing both of those back YEARS before I was old enough to even care about cars!  Which means that  when my age was still in the single digits!  :rolleyes:  So how 'bout trying to figure a new one?  like;

"Fabricated Of Real Dung"? 

Whitefang

Off topic but my 14 Chrysler 300 is a great car. AWD, 8-speed trans with a sport mode, 3.6L V6… approaching 100k miles and haven’t had an issue where something leaked or broke down… still runs nice and smooth. I’m a Chrysler guy and my truck is always a Ram with a Hemi. I don’t do anything else when it comes to autos. Personal preference of course; literally YMMV. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nope its Covid, Vaxing, Religon and Politics, cars are fully within the law to make fun of at will. But one thing how do you know your Ford identifies as a Ford?

Based on GhostFL's photo  - my Taurus SHO is now self-identifying as an Aston-Martin.   

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

VW’s are reliable cars are the Czech ones?

Yep.

Mine's 20 yrs old - has a cassette player!  I still have cassettes - not 100k on clock yet - damn reliable mostly. 

The best car I ever had was a Mercedes 190E.  No contest.

9 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Yep.

Mine's 20 yrs old - has a cassette player!  I still have cassettes - not 100k on clock yet - damn reliable mostly. 

The best car I ever had was a Mercedes 190E.  No contest.

I loved my Toyota Celica when I had it.

3 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

@fortyearspickn those SHOs are nice looking cars. Probably AWD too I’ll bet. Never got a chance to see one really up close and personal, but I like the larger sedans. Impala, 300, Taurus… can’t go wrong IMHO. 

Yep, Similar to your 300.  AWD, dual turbos, AC/heated seats with massagers , 365hp.  Geniuses in marketing have been cutting back on large sedans in favor of SUVs.  Ford discontinued Taurus last year.  I can fit 4 bodies in my trunk. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 8:35 PM, merciful-evans said:

not heard these before.

Lotus : Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

FIAT: Fix It Again Tony

I had a 56 ford in high school with solid lifters that seemed to need adjusting daily, so fix or repair daily was the rule of the day.

And much later I had a  few fix it again Tony's in the form X1/9's that I got quite good at working on.

Cars were a passion of mine up until maybe 8-9 years ago.... my wife got tired of being a 'garage-widow'.   I had 7 cars at one time.    Cadillac Seville,  GMC Van, Mercedes 450 SL, Jaguar XJ-S (V-12), Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn, Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith and Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.   ALL are gone now.... I drive a Ford Ranger (Mazda), wife drives a Honda CR-V that we can tow behind the Winnebago.....I NEVER have to wrench on my cars now!

What year was that Seville Dan?  If it was '92 or newer and had the Northstar engine, well....

I worked at the Livonia, MI GM powertrain plant that built that engine( I was one of the first 10 on the project) so I'll apologize for any problems it might have given you.

Whitefang

43 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

What year was that Seville Dan?  If it was '92 or newer and had the Northstar engine, well....

I worked at the Livonia, MI GM powertrain plant that built that engine( I was one of the first 10 on the project) so I'll apologize for any problems it might have given you.

Whitefang

Lessee.... the Seville was a '76.   Mercedes was a '74.    Jag was an '82.   Dawn was a '54.  Wraith was a '52 and the Cloud was a '58.   I don't recall what year the Van was.