Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day For Me Today!

dna

Just got home with my new, never touched by human hands, built by monkeys in space Epiphone Firebird!

Ret. Vet and Govt (Ret. from them too) civilian worker. Have a whole slew off guitars and amps, way better than my playing deserve but I wanted these things while i was working and couldn't have them for one reason or another but now I do.

I hope to be able to bring something to the forum in knowledge, experience and humor.  text me any time!

Hi DNA, I'm somewhat new here myself, and like you brought a bunch of guitars while I was gainfully employed and could afford them.  Employment is for buying guitars, retirement is for enjoying them!  Play loud, long, and often!  Enjoy your time here!

Welcome aboard dna.  I too am a vet (one tour) and retired from the federal gubamint.  Fortunately I have been able to buy my last two basses and my 7 string guitar since retiring.  Hoping you enjoy your retirement as much as I have enjoyed mine so far.  

I was in the Army for a great number of years.  Decades. 
Working for them for the past few years as a Government Servant as well, and now a civilian contractor. 

The current gig is great. 
Flight test. Objective, purely scientific endeavors. 
Working with people of high integrity. 

Really loving it. 

Hoping to retire completely in about a year and a half or so. Mebbe two years.   When the house is paid off. 

THEN, buddy, look out. 
Naked gardening. 
Wine for breakfast. 
The neighbors filing restraining orders against me for excessive guitar noises. 
Widow ladies hanging out topless by the pool. 

You know, the usual retiree stuff. 

😉

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I was in the Army for a great number of years.  Decades. 
Working for them for the past few years as a Government Servant as well, and now a civilian contractor. 

The current gig is great. 
Flight test. Objective, purely scientific endeavors. 
Working with people of high integrity. 

Really loving it. 

Hoping to retire completely in about a year and a half or so. Mebbe two years.   When the house is paid off. 

THEN, buddy, look out. 
Naked gardening. 
Wine for breakfast. 
The neighbors filing restraining orders against me for excessive guitar noises. 
Widow ladies hanging out topless by the pool. 

You know, the usual retiree stuff. 

😉

Wow Sparquelito,  that's some retirement plan, love it!  I retired after 45 years in the pharmaceutical business to this:

No gardening (too many thorns), but walk beast of a dog thru neighborhood

Beer and cold pizza for breakfast

Copy that on items three

Chasing wife around house (she just sprained ankle, advantage: Me)

Get retired, you won't regret it!

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, dna said:

Just got home with my new, never touched by human hands, built by monkeys in space Epiphone Firebird!

Ret. Vet and Govt (Ret. from them too) civilian worker. Have a whole slew off guitars and amps, way better than my playing deserve but I wanted these things while i was working and couldn't have them for one reason or another but now I do.

I hope to be able to bring something to the forum in knowledge, experience and humor.  text me any time!

I did 4 Navy and 19 USCG. I'm now a contractor for NASA.

Welcome