Gibson Brands Forums

Quality Control absent in Gibson and Andertons

Andrew Swann

Just been to collect my new Ltd Edition SG Special in Olive Drab from Andertons in the U.K., CME in the US also offering this model, to find that the guitar had a huge white scratch on one of the horns, had glue from the binding on the fret board, had tool marks and scratches on both sides of the fret binding, the pickguard was cracked, and the tone controls were twisted and not parallel with the guitar body. In short, a terrible failing in quality control from both Gibson and Andertons. 

1 minute ago, Rabs said:

I guess thats what you get with the so called Gibson Exclusives??   And I thought only Gibson were selling them..   Almost sounds like it was a second..... Sad really.

It’s a special order between Andertons and Chicago Music Exchange; four colours and T type pick ups.  It sounded and looked amazing but it was clearly made late on a Friday afternoon…😂

37 minutes ago, Rabs said:

I guess that's what you get with the so called Gibson Exclusives??   And I thought only Gibson were selling them..   Almost sounds like it was a second..... Sad really.

It's not the same as the Gibson Exclusives.

It's an exclusive line that CME came up with and is working with  Andertons who are handling European sales.

I recently placed one on order myself that includes the T-Top pickups.

Edited by Realmongo

2 minutes ago, Realmongo said:

It's an exclusive line that CME came up with and is working with  Andertons who are handling European sales.

Oh right I get you..  Cheers,,,

15 hours ago, Realmongo said:

Please really check it over when you get it., I’m sure you will. The one I got yesterday was terrible. When I compare it to my Les Paul Standard 60s it’s like the guitars were made by different companies, the difference in quality is that stark.