Gibson Brands Forums

New Chiansaw cases

Rabs

4 minutes ago, rct said:

Awesome!  I'm in Gainesville FL actually.  House looking/thinking/postulating.

rct

You gonna leave Jersey?

Just when I thought I was out - They pull me back in.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You gonna leave Jersey?

Possibly.  That's what I'm here starting to work out.  Mrs working from home still so we figured I'd head down here and get going on it.  

rct

1 minute ago, rct said:

Possibly.  That's what I'm here starting to work out.  Mrs working from home still so we figured I'd head down here and get going on it.  

rct

I hope you got your passport. I think FLA is its own country.

Just now, rct said:

lolz yes, it certainly is.

rct

I worked there many times while in the USCG from the pan handle to the east and west sides down to Key West. I could take Key West for about three days then I had enough. I loved the Cuban food in Miami. Oh wait that is Cuba.

Case is made in China too. 

I think that the reviewer ended up that these were a good case though overall.  Did tests with a LP and SG where both had pretty good "snug" factor to keep the guitar in-place while transporting.  Well, I'm not wanting this case anyhow.  I see some of the older chainsaw cases for sale here and there and never had the interest to get one. 

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

You can also spend $600 for someone to spread s**t all over your new case before you get it.. How kind of them [lol]

Gibson | Historic Replica Les Paul Case, Hand-Aged

ASCSCASE-AG1.png

ASCSCASE-AG3.png

ASCSCASE-AG4.png

Yeah, that's lame IMHO.  Literally they want to upcharge someone for a case that looks like it was sitting in someone's musty, old basement under the stairs for a decade or three.  I'll pass. 

@Rabs, were you trying to pull something on us here?  The title of the thread is misspelled.  Let me fix it for you...

New CHINAsaw cases

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm poking at the location of manufacture - not insinuating anything offensive.  LOL when you look at most of the "things" in your house, it is practically all "Made in China".  Is what it is and don't have an issue with it.  And again, I believe the case would do a good job at protecting your guitar.  If this guy in the video I posted a link to earlier says it works, I will take his word for this topic to consider if/when I look at/recommend one.  Trogly knows more about Gibson than the average guy. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

@Rabs, were you trying to pull something on us here?  The title of the thread is misspelled.  Let me fix it for you...

New CHINAsaw cases

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm poking at the location of manufacture - not insinuating anything offensive.  LOL when you look at most of the "things" in your house, it is practically all "Made in China".  Is what it is and don't have an issue with it.  And again, I believe the case would do a good job at protecting your guitar.  If this guy in the video I posted a link to earlier says it works, I will take his word for this topic to consider if/when I look at/recommend one.  Trogly knows more about Gibson than the average guy. 

Most of the stuff in MY house isn't made in China!  It's all divided equally between Japan, Korea  and Taiwan.  [wink]

Anyway, I wouldn't want a guitar case that locks with a key.  Due to how often I misplace keys 'round here.  But as I don't really transport my guitars around or travel interstate with them I don't need a case that might cost more than my guitars did.

Whitefang

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Anyway, I wouldn't want a guitar case that locks with a key.  Due to how often I misplace keys 'round here.  But as I don't really transport my guitars around or travel interstate with them I don't need a case that might cost more than my guitars did.

Whitefang

🙂 I need the cases, but honestly I don't think I have ever locked one. Like you I would mislay them. Generally though most keys appear pressed out of sheet steel (or sh1t alloy) & I expect you could pick those locks with a knitting needle.

• Like 1

I got an old Chainsaw Case a while back with a LP Melody Maker in it, I sold the Melody Maker and kept the case because I found that it fit my Blues Hawk really well. Partly because old case was flat in-between the LP contours and allowed my Blues Hawk to fit better than another case I had found.

JERWz17.jpg

• Like 2